Whea Uncorrectable error

Soldato
OP
I have a evga g2 1000w.

It was a upgrade from win8 at first but did total new win10 install with usb and I still get it.

No I dont have another PSU to test it with but tbh I cant seeing that as the problem as its fine after it gets past that first one?

Soldato
I have a evga g2 1000w.

It was a upgrade from win8 at first but did total new win10 install with usb and I still get it.

No I dont have another PSU to test it with but tbh I cant seeing that as the problem as its fine after it gets past that first one?

My thought process was more to do with capacitors potentially not being able to get the initial charge on the cold boot. ( they drain over time IIRC ) Thus once it has been running for a few seconds it's had a moment to charge them. Was just a thought :)

I hope you get this solved.

Associate
no happens soon as i turn the pc on it does the recover from it and its fine, I can even restart ect and its fine its just that inital start from it being off.

So say if you were to cold boot straight to BIOS does anything happen such as a lockup? Have you tried booting to something like a Linux Live USB stick? Might be interesting to see if it causes that OS to crash as well.

Edit: When you say "As soon as I turn on the PC", I assume you mean as soon as Windows starts to boot after the POST?

Soldato
I have a evga g2 1000w.

I had a G2 1000w, it killed a bunch of GPU's before I figured it out, I would certainly try and source a PSU if possible to see if it fixes it. Like other posters said check the pins on the board. Try taking out some RAM and checking the SSD with SMART.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a G2 1000w, it killed a bunch of GPU's before I figured it out

checking the SSD with SMART.

Just for reference my SSD (recently) had to be replaced even though smart was reading at 100% health and no errors yet it was running like death and on two occasions needed windows re installing as during a reboot it lost files and corrupted windows.

I still think in this case as per my first post in here the problem is the PSU, the only way to convince me otherwise would be to test it with a different PSU and say it's still doing it. But OP seems reluctant to try.

Soldato
OP
i dont seem reluctant i dont have access to another psu. Isnt the G2 a Superflower psu thought they are super reliable thats why i went for it

Soldato
OP
Any suggestions please and dont say try another psu i DO NOT have access to one lol said so many times lol

I am not sure why you expect any more suggestions when you shoot so many down.

Essentially, here are your options:

-Run a Memtest86+ on your memory
-Try another PSU, even buy a spare one if you have to: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...nze-power-supply-cp-9020046-uk-ca-059-cs.html
-Do a BIOS update.
-Also, you could stick in a spare hard drive and load Windows 10 on it to see if the issue returns? If so you've ruled out the SSD, so then try Windows 8, if that resolves, it's likely either a Firmware or Driver issue.
-Reseat the CPU.

If you don't want to try any of this, then good luck on fixing it.

Back
Top Bottom