Wheel arch repair

Caporegime
How likely is it that this damage is repairable back to perfection?

The arch is crumpled which you may not be able to see from this angle.

PR6rwBV.jpg

IMlhynt.jpg

X4WkZj0.jpg

Edited to throw in another view

Last edited:
Soldato
It's totally repairable back to perfection - but it's going to require a new rear quarter. Crumpling over body creases is very difficult to get right and it looks as though the whole panel has been misshapen with lots of "waviness" to it.

Soldato
A good paintless dent repair guy might be able to do it, then getting it painted after. If you go to a bodyshop to do it all it will cost loads.

Soldato
No chance a PDR guy will be able to do that.

Either cut it out or fill it. Personally, i would just sand it down and fill it my self and sand it back down and just get a paintshop to give it a blow over. Cheapest option.

Soldato
Either cut it out or fill it. Personally, i would just sand it down and fill it my self and sand it back down and just get a paintshop to give it a blow over. Cheapest option.

And you'll be able to see it from the moon.

In this instance, if you want it right, insurance is probably the way to go for it. Since you're a 35 year old bloke and it's a Renault Clio (?), it won't increase your insurance by *that* much next year. Maybe 20%?

Caporegime
OP
Have protected no claims, would I be able to claim on insurance for damage done in a car park?

My cousin who has contacts in the motor trade is getting back to me with a quote so will see how that goes.

Soldato
Have protected no claims, would I be able to claim on insurance for damage done in a car park?

My cousin who has contacts in the motor trade is getting back to me with a quote so will see how that goes.

Yeah. They're likely to take you down a couple of years NCB ie. if you have 5, they'll take you down to 3. And your premium will go up by a bit for the next few years. And you'll have to pay your excess.

To do it properly, paying for it out of your own pocket will cost £1000 quite easily in one hit. Assuming your excess isn't ridiculous, the cost of your excess + elevated premiums for the next few years will probably be no more than £4-500

Man of Honour
There are a few approaches you could take, from changing the whole quarter skin to filling it to welding in a new arch.

I disagree about any arch repair being visible from the moon, I've seen hundreds of cars with replaced or repaired arches and if it's fine by a proper body shop there's no reason you shouldn't end up with a great looking repair.

Soldato
Its not even that hard of a repair. Pull the worst out with a slide hammer, weld the holes, a bit of panel beating to shape it, skim of filler, primer & paint.

Back
Top Bottom