When are you going fully electric?

You underestimate the stupidity of people.

My mum had a flat recently and the RAC guy who came out to change the tyre mentioned that he had only done emergency charges that day for EVs where people had run out.

It was unusual for him to do that many in a day but he reckoned he does between 20 and 40% of his time doing them.

He had nothing against EVs, just the idiots who ignore the frequent warnings and think they can roll it home.

Probably the same people who run their phone down to empty :P

Interesting...

"...
The percentage of electric vehicle (EV) breakdowns caused by running out of power reached a record low last month, figures suggest.

Just 1.4% of the EV callouts the AA received in June were due to their batteries having limited or no charge..."

I thought most EVs have a turtle mode. They don't just stop if you ignore the warnings. Lowest I've got down to is about 12 miles and then it was only trying to run it low to see what happens.

Last edited:
I thought most EVs have a turtle mode. They don't just stop if you ignore the warnings.

Yeah you get a tortoise mode on almost all BEV's. Had ours down to well below most peoples comfort zone, but having had the car for the best part of 5 years you know what it can and can't do. I guess a lot of people maybe panic, and assume that the charger show on the map is the only one and try to reach it or something, or miss a turn off and then are SOL. Hard to say how you manage to run of of charge with so many bongs, and warning, and power limits etc.

Interesting...

"...
The percentage of electric vehicle (EV) breakdowns caused by running out of power reached a record low last month, figures suggest.

Just 1.4% of the EV callouts the AA received in June were due to their batteries having limited or no charge..."

I thought most EVs have a turtle mode. They don't just stop if you ignore the warnings. Lowest I've got down to is about 12 miles and then it was only trying to run it low to see what happens.

The one he attended just before meeting my mum was where the person had come to a complete stop in the central reservation crossing on the A31, minutes from home, so they must have REALLY been ignoring the warnings.

Interesting...

"...

I think people treat the battery garage like ICE car, expecting a good few miles once your down to zero, which is not how it works for most EVs.

Back
Top Bottom