When are you going fully electric?

Man of Honour
Nope you are the one who literally took a post I wrote quoted it and tried to ignore the MAIN points, and the use the secondary ones as if that was the MAIN thing I was referencing when it wasn't

Yes, that's what happens in a discussion online - unlike a real time conversation, people will often make a large numbers of points in a single post. You can then quote the ones you wish to address. It's a discussion, not a competition - the fact I disregarded some of your other points means I don't disagree with them. Why would I quote the one-pedal thing when I agree with you that it's an EV benefit?

just wants to derail it in to another 5-seires BMW debate

I mentioned it once in the post as an example of a car that's auto only, to highlight that auto is where the entire market is going irrespective of power type. If it makes you feel better I'll edit it to say Mercedes C Class or something, it won't change the point, which was that auto is now incredibly widespread within ICE cars far more than it ever was before.

Soldato
I saw this the other day and found it interesting

https://electrek.co/2021/05/21/tesla-fastned-create-energy-superhub-charging-station/

"Fastned, the European fast charging company, teams up with Oxford City Council, Pivot Power and Wenea to build and operate one of it’s largest fast charging stations at the upcoming Energy Superhub Oxford. The Fastned station will have up to 14 fast chargers and there will be 12 Tesla Superchargers on site. It will be one of Europe’s most powerful electric vehicle charging hubs, with up to 10MW of power available for future expansion. It is the first of a number of similar sites planned by Pivot Power across the United Kingdom. The Energy Superhub is located on Oxford’s ring road and integrates with the Redbridge Park and Ride facility. The hub is due to open at the end of 2021.”

End of 2021, that isn't far away, and that is a lot of chargers in a very good location, 38 chargers overall on one site.

Small video link - here.

Soldato
bmw i3s/mini both have their ARB / vectored direct traction control, so would be interesting to see how that feels in the dry/wet versus other contenders;
I imagine that contributes to the petrol type feel.

Do all model 3's have fairly small rear brake+indicator lights ?, local one on a 70 was in front of me and both lights looked comparatively small/twinkley,
was surprised not to see the normal barrage of lights you see on most cars.

Soldato
Visited gridserve in Braintree today. A really nice new facility with solar panels on the roof, music pumping out the speakers, coffee shop and facilities inside. 350kw and 90kw options. There were a few nice porsche and Tes come through whilst there. 24p/kw regardless of speed.

cpi0rbv.jpg
0CytWzH.jpg

Caporegime
Had my new tax code through, this is my first company car for ages.

It's a Polestar 2, so as far as I can tell the BIK should only be £490 but they appear to have taken £12,000 off my tax free allowance?!

"Less Car Benefit £11997"

That's completely wrong isn't it?

Soldato
Isn't that the £12K (but £1k/month sounds a bit high) the salary exchange mechanism in play, so the company paying the lease on the car ?

A really nice new facility with solar panels on the roof,
when I see solar panels now , I'm thinking of Uighur, and whether they were ethically sourced, if you had followed that.

Back
Top Bottom