When are you going fully electric?

Associate
EV9 standard is 7 seat configuration the 6 seat is an option isn’t it?
It's not the 7 or 6 seats I'm after. It's the van like load space in a car based EV.
The extra seats come in handy occasionally, but I could live with 5 seats that fold forward & leave a tall, long load space for bikes & other outdoor kit.

Looks like I'm currently SOL, but hopefully something is on the horizon as I'd quite like to go for an EV next.

Soldato
It's not the 7 or 6 seats I'm after. It's the van like load space in a car based EV.
The extra seats come in handy occasionally, but I could live with 5 seats that fold forward & leave a tall, long load space for bikes & other outdoor kit.

Looks like I'm currently SOL, but hopefully something is on the horizon as I'd quite like to go for an EV next.
There are EV transit vans is that what Yu after? Tho their range is pretty bad so I have been told

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Apologies, this has prob been asked before.....

With the octopus EV tariffs, can you charge outside of the alotted time aswell? I have a Podpoint solo2, and i didnt realise my 330e could take advantage of the EV tariff. Im on Octopus' standard variable, im assuming if i move to an EV tariff theres no impact on my gas tariff? now that the weather is getting better and the price of unleaded is going back up, and im on the school run, it would daft not to charge up more.

Associate

With the octopus EV tariffs, can you charge outside of the alotted time aswell? I have a Podpoint solo2, and i didnt realise my 330e could take advantage of the EV tariff. Im on Octopus' standard variable, im assuming if i move to an EV tariff theres no impact on my gas tariff? now that the weather is getting better and the price of unleaded is going back up, and im on the school run, it would daft not to charge up more.
Yeah you can do a boost charge I think they call it but this will be at the normal kw/h charge rate which you probably already know. I believe only the cost of the electric goes up during the day on the eV tarrif but I'll have to double check the gas rate myself as I'm thinking of moving too

Last edited:
Associate
An update on my V5c and getting the car in my name. Can't fault Jaguar customer service as my V5c turned up on Thursday (4 days after buying the car) and all I had to do was photograph the logbook and email a specific address with the images. I'd say about 10 minutes later, including the hold time, it was done. I've managed to get everything setup under my own account to find out the remote access and things like that is a subscription for £40 per year or £60 for two years! Not sure I'm that bothered about it but as the car is new (to me) I can't help but want to have a play around with it. So I'll probably just pay for the 2 years and go from there :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the remote control is something you are just gonna have to continually stump up for. unlike with a petrol car I would say being able to remotely see the state of charge as well as kick off battery warming etc is more than a nice to have feature and is kind of essential. certainly if you plan to charge publicly.

Associate
I think the remote control is something you are just gonna have to continually stump up for. unlike with a petrol car I would say being able to remotely see the state of charge as well as kick off battery warming etc is more than a nice to have feature and is kind of essential. certainly if you plan to charge publicly.
I can definitely see it being useful in the future but at the moment I'm just charging at work so I'll stick it on in a morning and drive it home in the evening. I don't really need to know what it's doing or at but the pre condition function would be really useful. Someone's eqa at work stopped charging and they noticed it in the app. I just kept checking when passing that the green light on the charge point was still pulsing away! (the chargers are just outside the main building so easy to see.)

It looks like you've got the same colour car as me bigmike12vt :) ceasium blue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will making it slow increase the range? I'm not really bothered about acceleration, so a 12 second 0-60mph with massive range and efficiency would be fine.
Your range is almost entirely dictated by how hard you accelerate and how fast you drive. In an EV - very generally - once you start getting above 30mph, you just use more and more electricity, which is especially important at motorway speeds. In the Kona I used to have, I think I gained about 15 miles per full charge if I was on the motorway at 65 rather than 70.

Some yes, some no.

Caporegime
One for you folks, looking for a town car. Really wanting to limit my budget to sub 20k. Thinking around 3-4 years old. Top of the list for me is i3s or i-pace. Anything else I should look at for that money?

Back
Top Bottom