When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
New Model 3 Performance now available to order.

£59,999
328 miles WLTP
460hp
2.9 seconds 0-60
163mph top speed
Sports seats
Adaptive suspension
20” wheels
Track mode V3

It looks like the * has been removed from the 0-60 so not sure if that is 1 foot roll out or not.

I’m sure the seats will go down well as that was a bit of a complaint of the last one - they were standard across the range and a bit flat for a ‘performance’ model.

Adaptive suspension is new and welcome.

I don’t like the wheels, not sure what’s going on there, it may be what looks to be aero inserts triggering me.

I’d probably never use track mode.

The WLPT rating has taken a bit of a hit compared to the long range (390) and Rear-wheel Drive (318). The RWD still remains by far the best value (£40k) in the line up, it’s a shame they don’t make it available with the long range battery. It would be >400 miles on the WLTP.

Am I ordering one? No but interesting none the less.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got 3rd IPACE. 400 Sport this time.

tkA4098.jpeg
best interior out of all of them that imo

Soldato
or as google says

Another interesting piece spotted by one of our readers Angelo is that different specs are published for the Model 3 Performance in Canada compared to the US. On the Canadian version of the site it says the Model 3 Performance has 460 horsepower, while on the US version it says “more than combined 500 horsepower,” which Tesla later said on X is 510 horsepower.

We’re not sure if this is a typo or why there would be different specs between the two countries, but we are assuming it is the former as the 0-100km/h and 0-60mph times quoted by Tesla would indicate they have the same amount of power.

• +22% continuous power, +32% peak power, +16% peak torque compared to previous Model 3 Performance
  • 5% reduced drag, 36% lift reduction & 55% improvement in front-to-rear lift balance compared to previous Model 3 Performance.

interesting that they upped motor&invertor's efficiency, just as VW/id7 were pulling equal with them on efficiency.

e: when do we start seeing id7's on the uk roads.

Last edited:
Soldato
New Model 3 Performance now available to order.

£59,999
328 miles WLTP
460hp
2.9 seconds 0-60
163mph top speed
Sports seats
Adaptive suspension
20” wheels
Track mode V3

It looks like the * has been removed from the 0-60 so not sure if that is 1 foot roll out or not.

I’m sure the seats will go down well as that was a bit of a complaint of the last one - they were standard across the range and a bit flat for a ‘performance’ model.

Adaptive suspension is new and welcome.

I don’t like the wheels, not sure what’s going on there, it may be what looks to be aero inserts triggering me.

I’d probably never use track mode.

The WLPT rating has taken a bit of a hit compared to the long range (390) and Rear-wheel Drive (318). The RWD still remains by far the best value (£40k) in the line up, it’s a shame they don’t make it available with the long range battery. It would be >400 miles on the WLTP.

Am I ordering one? No but interesting none the less.

I've just been reading a UK review and it listed the price as £55,999 which I thought seemed a bit weird. No, it's £59,990.
This is the one with the buttons instead of stalks.....mmmmmm, not sure what I think about that.

Last edited:
Associate
Think it's $55k in US, I like the new face of the model3 and those wheels but yep too many other Tesla compromises, for me Hyundai 5 N looks to be a better bet for fast, playful and practical EV, just for the accessible boot and simple things like stalks, a screen in front of you, 360 camera and no connectivity sub etc. nevermind what it can do on the performance side, neither are lookers mind you but the Ioniqs retro look works for an old fart like me.

Both too big though, need some proper ~4m hot hatches in the EV space, not where the money is I guess or the practicalities of fitting a decent battery in. Need to pinch zoom the Ioniq 5 down to i20N size, even i30N. :D

Last edited:
Associate

New Porsche Macan reviews are out. Just a nice car, probably out of my price range until they're 5+ years old, maybe forever. There's a ton of little/big extras you can spec which starts bumping the price up. You'd have to do your homework when buying one second hand in the future.

Soldato
The Cyberster has launched - been looking forward to checking the car out at our local MG dealership.
My son wants one as his first car :D

Soldato
In the end I cancelled my EQB order. The changed the spec in the different levels, and I would have ended up losing the sunroof, which I specifically paid more for the spec level that included it. So just cancelled. They wanted an extra £300 a month for the sunroof basically due to the deals changing too. So no EV for me at this stage.

Soldato
I cheat, I work there.

Had one of each now, coil is fine good sporty drive but has that nasty stance like a scalded cat when parked. Air better for ride and pitch control when under power and has benefit of auto access mode to lower when stopping, brings a level of premium to the ride as it what’s the car was setup up. Coil spring was a late addition in development so a bit of a compromise.

Lots of ex Arval coming into market with coil, great value regardless.

This one on adaptive air is really impressive even with the 22” much better secondary ride for impacts etc as well as roll control. Hard to separate completely as the lower profile
Summer tyres are certainly better for feel and of course 250miles in tyres are still fresh. Adaptive has slight benefit of speed lowering above 65mph.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to love the Cyberster, but £60k is a mental price for an MG.
The Cyberster is everything the gen 2 Tesla Roaster should have been before distraction and scope creep set in.

Tesla could have released a car with these specs years ago and they would have sold tens of thousands of not hundreds of thousands of them by now.

I can’t help but think that MG are going to eat their lunch on this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom