When people say "its 2018 why is x thing happening"

Soldato
I feel like this is a convoluted lead in to some sort of comment about the calendar not being real / proven / verified / relevant / some other weird calendar based conspiracy

Soldato
The real question is that if "how is X still happening in 2018?" is to mean anything at all, why do people change it so much?

I mean, a few years ago, I remember people saying something similar:
"how can X happen in 2013?"

And sometime around then, I'm pretty sure I heard someone say, like:
"it's 2012: why is X happening?"

Soldato
The real answer is, of course, that there's a document , found in the vaults of Nostradamus, which detailed out the year, using the Julian calendar, when we could precisely expect things to stop happening.

For example, people exclaiming "my toast is burnt even though I used the same setting as last time, how is this still happening in 2018!!!??" are, in fact, being entirely reasonable in their displeasure, as Nostradamus' records specified that inconsistent toaster controls would no longer be an issue beyond 2002.

Soldato
Ha
OmWeYPg.png

Caporegime
this a thing too...I'm sure i've asked on here before but why put 'insert current year', instead of just 2018 or whatever year it is?

because it is sarcasm and I don't mean it in the usual sense of "it is 2018" etc.. but rather it is a reference to people using that line

Man of Honour
People have ben saying this nonsense for a long time. Off the top of my head I can think of examples from Victorian England, but I'd bet it goes back further. I can imagine an ancient Roman saying something like "It's 400 AUC, why do I need my father's permission to marry?", for example.

Permabanned
I'm thinking the OP means why in 2018 are people still mean and intolerant to gays, trans, shorts , fatties, thinnies, ethnics, muslims, jews. etc.

Some people are just not cut out to live in the real world.

My personal gripe is why in 2018 I can't buy tapered legged jeans with a 36 waist that aren't ******* stretchy , for **** sake is it that difficult ?

Caporegime
An example of what i mean is something like "It's 2018 why are people still eating meat".

No ones been alive for 2018 years(or longer) so I just don't get this kind of comment?

Well thier reasoning would be its 2018 it is now entirely feasible to eat a vegan diet

Soldato
Is it perhaps because despite not experiencing events prior to being born we have this amazing ability to learn what happened from a number of equally amazing sources? We don't have to have experienced something to know of it and even understand it.

It's 2018 for goodness sake, you should know this.

Back
Top Bottom