When reading posts, do you read in an accent?

Permabanned
Tru said:
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Ohh dont get all handbags on me

I was pointing out hes not from Stoke?

Ever heard Robbie Williams or his gay mate speak?

Different accent dude is all im saying

Associate
I don't read posts, they seem to narrate themselves to me, as if I am completely detached from it. I can't really explain. After becoming acquainted with regular posters I begin to build up very vivid mental imagery, sounds and feelings of the poster, based upon what they write, the way they write, their use of language, their general demeanour and their quirks and peculiarities etc. I could almost say it were as if I was actually in the forum and connected to the people in it, as opposed to simply reading text.

Soldato
I don't read posts with accents but, that's mainly because I don't know where everybody is from. I just use one of the little voices that live in my head.

I do read posts and interpret the emotions in them though. If someone is having a rant, I might read it in an angry voice or if it's a "I feel low" post I'll read it with a sad voice.

I think it would be hard for anyone to read any of my posts with an accent as I have a bit of a mish-mash of north and south accents. The strange thing about that is if I talk to a northerner, my accent goes more northern and the opposite for a southerner.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I read the posts with the emotion people display, like sarcasm or ANGER!!!!

Expecially ANGER!!!! thats the easyest one to pick up, my brain yells at me then :(

Edit: Ive never been one to spell very well :p

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Zip said:

i'm not trying to be a **** or a grammar nazi (for a change)...that is the best spelling of sarcasm i've ever seen!! it looks like it should be a magic trick!! :D

Caporegime
Sic said:
i'm not trying to be a **** or a grammar nazi (for a change)...that is the best spelling of sarcasm i've ever seen!! it looks like it should be a magic trick!! :D
He's The Great Ironnie.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
G|mp said:
Ohh dont get all handbags on me

I was pointing out hes not from Stoke?

Ever heard Robbie Williams or his gay mate speak?

Different accent dude is all im saying
I'm not getting any handbags, he's from Stoke.
Sic said:
ROLF!

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I read posts in my own voice, as I'm sure most people do.
Same here, but do you read words in italics/bold/caps/etc differently, as opposed to reading everything in the same monotone fashion?

I think that is what the OP was trying to ask :p

Back
Top Bottom