When was the last time you saw a police car?

Soldato
As title really, when was the last time you saw a police car? How often do you see them?

This thread isn't a dig at the police service, just my curiosity as to how many others experience the same as myself. I live in a rural area, drive around 1,500 miles a month on average, and probably see a police car once every three to four weeks. Police out of a car, walking? Honestly can't remember.

I know, and appreciate, that the numbers have continued to diminish over the years, and expect that those who live in large towns and cities will have a hugely different experience to my own.

Last edited:
images-2.jpg

Just reset the timer for everyone now.

Your welcome.

Live in a rural area and generally see Police cars weekly, but rarely see any Police out of the cars.

Go into London for work once or twice a week, office is next to St Pancras and I see many Police and Police cars each day I'm there.

Every day I'm at work. (There's a police driver training place not far from where I work)

See them most days in west mids. If you live rural you're not going to see as many due to concentration of crime in cities and large population areas.

Pretty much every day, if im on the early shift then there's usually a bunch parked outside the cafe near where I work in the mornings. I also live close to a police station with a large car park out back so I always see them coming and going.

Very different story if you asked how many I see out on foot, even relatively close to central london its only about once or twice a month.

Just the other week on the A1 for over an hour as they scraped up another accident. Must have been half a dozen cars needed close slip roads and contain the situation.

Quite a few in unmarked cars maybe

The person who wrote this claimed to be a serving officer but no proof that he is one so take it with a pinch of salt.

"We’ve got probably 30 cars at our station, of that we have 15 marked.

Everything else is a mix of CID / Drugs team / Proactive team < and only 1 car is a “high powered vehicle”.

A few days back while passing through Jackson Street in Gateshead.

There was a police car outside of a branch of Savers with a couple of officers sat in it, meanwhile over the road were a bunch of well known alcoholics day drinking on a public bench while harassing passers by for money/begging and being generally loud/aggressive.

The last I saw of the police was them driving away without even bothering to get out of the car. I don't often see them around lately so that stood out to me, I'm more Durham way but frequently travel to Newcastle and back.

Last edited:
Loads really, was out last night and both to and from town saw 4 or 5 marked ones, was even following one for a while. Today say a marked one and an unmarked (with lights on) on the motorway.

Back
Top Bottom