When was the last time you saw a police car?

Other than RAF Menwith Hill patrols, I rarely see a police car these days, albeit I do live in a rural area. One thing I no longer see (which used to be common 20+ years ago) is police cars just waiting in junctions / laybys observing traffic movements. I guess this has been replaced by speed cameras and general cuts to traffic policing. Whilst I understand it's expensive to have police just sitting there waiting, their presence was a good thing.

Live in a sub-urban area of a big city so see them a good few times a week. Local police station isn't too far away. We also have the police horse stables nearby, so see the police horses at least once a week.

Daily, but only driving past mine to go to the ghetto area where the crime and poverty lies.

Outside of that, I drive on the motorways in rush hour on average 2 weeks of a month, I cannot remember the last time I saw a police car on a motorway.

Rural area and saw a marked police car & 2 bikes yesterday, but that was due to the BSB being on at Cadwell Park so there's usually a lot of traffic police around the area then anyway.

Apart from that, I don't see that many marked cars, but plenty of unmarked ones (when they have their lights going)

Saw one the other day while out and about. Was sat at some lights when some chav kits crossed in front on e-scooters and an e-bike at full pelt wearing masks just as our lights had changed to green. They did nothing and just drove off..

Quite a lot as I live in a small town with its own station. But they rarely patrol the local roads. I have also only ever seen them on foot once or twice ever.

Last edited:
I often see them down the bottom half of my town centre, as they've got a "resource centre" or something operating out of half the local council office so they've usually got a car or two parked up there, meanwhile there is a parking space dedicated to the police cars next to the post office.

I also say a police van going past on nee naws as I went to get my hair cut earlier.

images-2.jpg

Just reset the timer for everyone now.

Your welcome.
Well if we are going to do that... You've all just lost the Game!

I saw a Police Land Rover on Sunday while in Belfast.

Back
Top Bottom