When was the last time you saw a police car?

Quite a few in unmarked cars maybe

The person who wrote this claimed to be a serving officer but no proof that he is one so take it with a pinch of salt.

"We’ve got probably 30 cars at our station, of that we have 15 marked.

Everything else is a mix of CID / Drugs team / Proactive team < and only 1 car is a “high powered vehicle”.

I watch 1000s of Police type series like Traffic Cops etc and this is true, loads of them out in unmarked cars so they can sneak up on offenders.

In the Highlands I usually see one every other day.

A few months ago I was driving home from work and I counted nine police cars overtake me on a stretch of the A9. I didn't think the Highlands had that many marked cars!

My James Bond type number plate revolver paid for itself that day.

This afternoon. Spotted a marked car parking up down the road and the two officers going into a block of flats over the road. Surprised as that means one of Bedfordshire Police's 2 police cars was in my town. No idea where the other one was. :p

All I can say is in the last 8 years I've been very lucky as i have a clean driving licence. Prior to that I was always juggling points with 9 the being max for speeding offences

Tells you something when my driving habits haven't changed but to answer questions occasionally but no where near as much as there used to be.

Last edited:
None for months on my commute. Saw a good few when Just Stop Oil were planning to shut the M25, but they still failed to stop them. Don’t see any police walking about anymore. I do see a lot of police cars up and down the Brighton sea front, but the there’s always something going on.

I was driving home last night around midnight from Southend. I was in the middle lane of the A13 ( left lane split into two and headed in a different direction while the middle and right lane were for London )
A black car with all lights off zoomed in front of me from the left lane at 100mph and moved to the right lane. I used le horn and then saw five police interceptors one after another racing towards him!

I also saw an Essex police officer today at a petrol station driving an unmarked Dacia Duster?

As title really, when was the last time you saw a police car? How often do you see them?

This thread isn't a dig at the police service, just my curiosity as to how many others experience the same as myself. I live in a rural area, drive around 1,500 miles a month on average, and probably see a police car once every three to four weeks. Police out of a car, walking? Honestly can't remember.

I know, and appreciate, that the numbers have continued to diminish over the years, and expect that those who live in large towns and cities will have a hugely different experience to my own.

I live in a city and see police cars everyday

Back
Top Bottom