Where are all the Logitech mice?

Associate
tbh its a shame to hear that but as customers i can safely say logitech are number 1 and no competitor can match there customer support or there products in my honest opinion i have tried the competition but when things fail so does there customer support while on the other hand give logitech a ring explain its broke np we will send you a new one in the post and they don't even ask for the old one.

Edit: not to mention logitech have gone out of there way to send parts when warranty had ran out at no extra cost to myself and have had many other friends in the same boat.

So be it as it may i think ocuk lose out in the long run.

Last edited:
Soldato
meh, there are plenty of brands that have overtaken logitech (certainly in the keyboard area) that it wont be missed too much.

however, i did used to have a lot of products from them. How times have changed.

Rich, fair play for being so open man!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
tbh its a shame to hear that but as customers i can safely say logitech are number 1 and no competitor can match there customer support or there products in my honest opinion i have tried the competition but when things fail so does there customer support while on the other hand give logitech a ring explain its broke np we will send you a new one in the post and they don't even ask for the old one.

Edit: not to mention logitech have gone out of there way to send parts when warranty had ran out at no extra cost to myself and have had many other friends in the same boat.

So be it as it may i think ocuk lose out in the long run.

It they had some new innovative products, maybe. Their relaunch was OK. But the sales hardly set any records. People could see that it was the same products from years ago with stickers on them and were angry that these products cost loads more.

As a retailer, I understood why obviously. But as customers, you lot saw a rebranded 6+ year old mouse with a 25-40% price premium over its previous incarnations and people moaned.

Example, a G19 keyboard lowest ever sell price on OcUK was £69.99
A G19S Logitech RRP is £150+. Its the same keyboard.

Their direct CS is exceptional. I have used it myself and have no problems with that.

As you mention, OcUK had to make a decision here. It wasn't something I did lightly but my hand was very much forced.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use a left handed mouse and Logitech made one of the best, the MX 610 Left.

Logitech discontinued the MX610 a few years ago, so I collect them from auction sites. I currently have 5 (yes five) MX 610 Left handed versions! Every time I see one I try and buy it, but there getting rare to find.

Soldato
People could see that it was the same products from years ago with stickers on them and were angry that these products cost loads more.

The Darkfield technology they use on their newer mice is very impressive. Far as i'm aware no other company sells a mouse with technology similar.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
The Darkfield technology they use on their newer mice is very impressive. Far as i'm aware no other company sells a mouse with technology similar.

this isnt available on their Gaming range which is where our primary focus and sales were.

Associate
Not interested in the Logitech debacle but just gotta say +rep to OcUK and rjkoneill for being so honest and open about the whole situation.

Soldato
This is a real shame. I very much like my MX518 which I retired to my work PC and the G500 I replaced it with (cost less then £32 posted from OcUK too!) I did feel that the prices were very greedy most of the time though.

Soldato
Customer service (end user) is probably completely separate to their sales division who it appear have put OcUK in essentially an untenable position regardless of whether it was intentional or otherwise or whether they are a good/bad company.

Agreed. I've had great experiences with Logitech customer service and will always continue to buy their stuff regardless of who does or doesn't stock them.

Grateful for the explanation as to why the OcUK range is limited though, and given the difficulties that were evidently faced it's understandable.

Soldato
With regards to Logitech, I've always gone where it's cheapest anyway, as I've always had very good support from their RMA department, so I can trust that if anything ever went wrong, they'd sort it out, which they have done, to my satisfaction.

Soldato
I would have too 4 years ago.

but personal opinions aside I can't go into great detail but they are not a feature product and won't be for the foreseeable future

Their customer service is still spot on imo, as in regards to the end user. I recently returned a mouse to them and it was replaced with a brand new one.

Last edited:
Associate
Just got a Logitech Performance MX from Amazon as it wasn't on sale here. Pretty nice mouse but the battery life isn't great. But aside from that it's a solid mouse.

V F

V F

Soldato
MX700 then even better MX1000 were best mice they ever made.

Indeed. I still have a few in use. Even one from a combo set from 2005. Navy blue 3100 set. Had to re-solder a new battery.

Still got one brand new that I don't use kept as a spare (operation has been checked) but charge the battery every now and then to keep it healthy.

Just got a Logitech Performance MX from Amazon as it wasn't on sale here. Pretty nice mouse but the battery life isn't great. But aside from that it's a solid mouse.

Interesting. I'm amazed at one brand new spare MX Revolution I have thats also been checked, over 2 years later (the last charge) the mouse is only down to two bars.

I check it every month to see.

Permabanned
I could not get on with Performace MX, wish I had bought a few MX1000's to save for later like a few peeps did as it used till I literary fell apart and even then I glued it back together till it was no more.

Pretty sure my MX3100 kit the MX1000 (not Bluetooth model think that was 3200) had AA rechargeables as I uprated them to higher ones (do not remember a soldered in battery).

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh, the MX700. I was originally thinking of the Cordless Click! Plus.

Totally forgot about that. That was a real nice set as well. Still got that stored away. The metallic paint was lovely. Sadly worn the paint off the right click from all the Quake 3 years.

That too had a Bluetooth set.

Back
Top Bottom