Where can I get a massive download line?

Associate
Apologise, didn't specify, I know that consumer lines are woefully inadequate for running a server, I was just wondering how the cost was split for dedicated servers.

Found a decent server (ish) with the following specs:

Intel i7 930, 12gb ram, 1tb hdd with unmetered 100mb line with 5 usable ipv4 address + cpanel and whatnot.

He is looking for $135 a month, but is willing to put me on a cheaper package til I need the full speed.

Seems decent enough specs, major company, was referred to by a friend who works in the industy.

100% Full Management:
24/7/365 Fast Support
Free reboot
Free console access
Control Panel installation and configuration
Firewall CSF installation and maintenance
DDOS mitigation
Nightly Backups
Script installations
/tmp hardening
Kernel updates
Resource monitoring
Free migration
For that sort of price it would likely be a shared unmetered 100Mb/s line shared between probably 10+ servers. From experience I got around 3TB-4TB a month of bandwidth on a similar set-up. It would be worth asking how many servers will be sharing the line, you may only get an average of ~10Mb/s with the odd burst to high speed when other servers are using the line less.

daz

daz

Soldato
For that sort of price it would likely be a shared unmetered 100Mb/s line shared between probably 10+ servers. From experience I got around 3TB-4TB a month of bandwidth on a similar set-up. It would be worth asking how many servers will be sharing the line, you may only get an average of ~10Mb/s with the odd burst to high speed when other servers are using the line less.

100TB.com will sort you out with a gigabit port for ~$199/month

Associate
100TB.com will sort you out with a gigabit port for ~$199/month
Things have obviously moved on a LOT since I last had to make use of high bandwidth dedicated servers. The pricing on a dedicated Gigabit port would normally be around $1000 from what I remember, it's a great deal if it lives up to what they're advertising. Having a quick look, it seems that most of the servers would not actually have the I/O capacity to sustain the transfer speeds needed to reach 100TB monthly transfer but still, a good deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom