Where do you plan to be 10 years from now?

Associate
i will be 30, so decent house, wife, and at least two kids

would like to be designing MPUs or developing weapons systems, preferably weapons as theres a very, very good place in belfast :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'd be thirty and now I feel old, with all you saying you'l be 29 or under :(

Hopefully I'll be very successful and hotel hopping from five star to five star where ever my job takes me. Not planning on marriage and kids really, I'll settle for being a fab auntie.

More realistically I will be in a small house/flat in England (probably still Bristol) doing something I enjoy.

Either way I will have a dog keeping me company.

Soldato
I'll hopefully be a 30 year old game designer working for Valve or ID. Realistically i'll be a 30 year old freelance game designer, or a 30 year old hobo (though i've been told they're basically the same thing).

Associate
In 10 years time I hope to be retired. I have already been fortunate enough to leave my city based job and start up on my own. So, fingers crossed I can jack it all in and settle down to a peaceful and long retirement with the wife.

In any event, I hope to be in our newly built (self designed) home, just trying to find some land and our two children (plus anymore) will be growing up happy and health, ( 1 is almost 2 now, and the other 12 weeks into the making).

Also, I want to be upgrading my Mondeo ST family car to something that I can enjoy and then use the wifes car to ferry the kids around when we do family days out.

If all goes to plan I will be happy, and the wife will be able to have some assistance with her Property Portfolio.

Associate
Will be 33 by then - either want to be partner of a UK law firm in the city, or working as a senior associate/partner in a US or Australian law firm. Also want to be married, with a baby on the way (or already here) :)

Soldato
will be 29 sounds scary thinking of it like that, hopfully in fire brigade, have a girlfriend either renting or morgage on house (not sure which of those will be the hardest to achive) in all mainly would like to be settled somewhere.
hopfully will be able to find this thread on a web archive in around 10 years and look back and see what has changed

Soldato
There's only so much one can plan! Life has completely changed for me over the past 2 years, I would have never seen it coming!

I'll be 29. I hope to get somewhere within the Automotive I.T sector (I start my placement with BMW in 6 weeks) and I really hope it opens up a number of avenues for me. I'd also like to have a gorgeous wife and a couple of kids.

I already have a house, so I've not got many worries financially. I'd really like to make a difference in my community (already work with a number of projects).

I also plan to travel the world (or as much of it as I can) and learn a number of subjects. I just hope that I can provide comfortably for myself and my family (if I have one).

Depending on the reality at the given time, I may plan to move out of the UK.

If it isn't too much work, it would be nice to see this thread archived and see what everyone was saying 10 years ago! :eek:

Associate
I remember thinking about where I wanted to be in the future about 10 years ago and came up with the standard wife, house and a few kids and a job in IT, I couldn't have imagened anything else. Now 10 years on I've totally change my mind about what I want from life.

The wife and kids really does not come high on my list anymore nor does owning my own place, as long as I achive some personal goals in the next 10 years I'll be happy. Those goals mainly being away travelling for a year seeing new cultures and meeting new people, moving away from the area I'm living in at the moment which could include living abroad and generally experianceing new things.

Even owning my own place is fairly low on my agenda. I'm already 26 and I can't help but laught at the thought of settleing down, maybe it would all change if I meet the right person but it makes me cringe to think about being with someone who just wants the 2.4 children life at the moment.

Associate
I'll be a few weeks short of 34 by then. I hope to have filled my travel map with dots, and have a mind full of tales from many different cultures. I've already seen a lot of Europe, the next 10 years will be spent seeing as much of the rest of the world as possible - starting with Canada/USA/Mexico later this year.

Bricks/Mortar + 2.4 children doesn't interest me, it just seems so... empty ? Maybe in another 10 years ;)

Back
Top Bottom