where does the learner driver stand.

Associate
Personally, I would say just get your money back. You are the customer and you are not happy you couldn't take your test as expected. That the added inconvenience and set back of not taking you test far our ways any costs she may endure as a tutor and you will not be continuing with their service finding it below expected service.

You are the customer, its not your fault there is little profit for her.

Associate
You're best off getting the Instructors badge number and contacting the DSA, who are likely to either reimburse you or resolve the issue with the instructor.

Good luck - Pretty bad show on the instructors part.

Soldato
I'll be honest and say that I think you have an alright deal now?

She did not charge you for the time of the untakeable test, isn't going to charge you for time for the one you do take, and giving you £22.

I make that you are up 2 hrs/£40 + £22 - £cost-of-aborted-test.

What is that number? I make it £0.

Assuming no problems you would have paid £40 for time + £62 for test = £102

Now you will have paid £62 test + £62 test - £22 = £102.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry m8, nope, nowhere near Bristol, it's based in Central Scotland :-

www.firstdriving.co.uk

As I said, not my driving school, my auld mans. I just did his website for him. :cool:

Hope you get your problem sorted out m8. Test day is nerve racking as it is for a learner, last thing you need is getting shown a red card because your driving instructors car isn't suitable.

dose your company display their instructors reference number in the windscreen? or how else can I find it?

Associate
OP
I'll be honest and say that I think you have an alright deal now?

She did not charge you for the time of the untakeable test, isn't going to charge you for time for the one you do take, and giving you £22.

I make that you are up 2 hrs/£40 + £22 - £cost-of-aborted-test.

What is that number? I make it £0.

Assuming no problems you would have paid £40 for time + £62 for test = £102

Now you will have paid £62 test + £62 test - £22 = £102.

I understand that fully but they ******* up, she said she would pay me back in full. Look at it from my view, I am down 124 quid insted of 62. why should I be in the red i have no idea.

***Fully star out all swear words***

Caporegime
Judging by that email i work it out about the same.

Offering not to charge you for 2.5 hours of her time, then offering you another2 hours free of her time for the next test, along with the cash that was already refunded.

You may not see it as fair that you have to pay for her time as its "not a lesson"

but she isn't going to sit with you and drive to the test station, hang around for an hour and then come back with you for free is she. Those 2 hours you pay for, is 2 hours she could be spending with other paying learners.

I think its more than fair to offer you those 2.5 hours for free to make up for the inconvenience, and offering you another 2 next time you go for your test.

And all because some snotty jobs worth examiner complained about the wheels being kerned. All learner cars have 'em! lol.

I understand that fully but they ******** up, she said she would pay me back in full. Look at it from my view, I am down 124 quid insted of 62. why should I be in the red i have no idea.

Pay you what back in full. What have you spent £124 on ? *****Don't quote swearies*****

Associate
OP
Im not having anymore lessons with her/them. for get about all the bullcrap. I am intitled to a full refund regardless if they loose more money or not.

At the end of the day I! am the paying customer and I should not be loosing money at all.

Im gunna contact the DSA tomorrow and see what they say.

Caporegime
Why are you kicking up such a fuss with the poor instructor. Not her fault that you get a jobsworth idiot at the test centre who complained about a wheel being kerned.

Just go again for your test and get it over with. Theres no point changing instructors now.

Soldato
TWO bloody tests! see my point now???
No.

If you would have gone through this 'normally', you'd have incurred the following costs:

1. The time of the instructor for the test - £40
2. The cost of the test - £62
Total = £102

A mistake occured. You have to pay for two tests.

1. Cost of test 1 - £62
2. Cost of test 2 - £62
Total = £124

The instructor has realised you have lost out and so gives you her time for both the first and second tests free, and credits you £22.

Total = £124 - £22 = £102

The same amount. You have lost out on nothing but your time for the second test. You are in exactly the same financial position. It's all in your quote:
Person said:
ive spoken to Tracey and she tells me she didnt Charge you for the 2.5hrs of her time
Person said:
offered to take you to your next test and not charge you for the two hours
Person said:
Tracey was offering another £22 towards your lost test fee
What more do you want?

Last edited:
Associate
I agree with the above post, the instructor failed to check over her car beforw youe test. Its her fault and you want reimbursed for your losses. That email they sent you saying about being self imployed is just a sob story. Its her fault her problem. Get the dsa on her, get your money back and get a new instructor

Soldato
Contact the DSA pronto. If she is considering the amount of cash she is down by, then she is not fit for the job. She's wasted your time nad it is her problem she should have kept her car up to scratch before taking it in for your test. She must have been many times before and well aware it was due for inspection prior to a test.

Soldato
right ok.

The first test the car was rejected -£62

Then i have to rebook the test loosing another -£62

£62 + £62= £124 so I am now £124 out of pocket.

But if I get the money back for my first test I will be back where I started at -£62 when I booked my first test.

(please note I have yet to take my 2nd test at the 15th Nov 2011
Please read my post above. You are not considering the situation in full. She is proposing a situation where you are not out of pocket at all.

Back
Top Bottom