Where on Earth can I get distilled water in the UK?

Soldato
He asked for distilled not deionised.

Because it is corrosive, deionised water is not used in situations involving long term contact with metals. But i guess if you use an additive it will be fine.

Associate
OP
I contacted EK and was told not to use deionised water, only distilled and I can't find it locally anywhere.

Also, I know I can order a full litre of coolant fluid but the P&P costs are more than the item.

Associate
I've looked everywhere locally, from supermarkets, to Halfords and chemists and can't find any!!!
haha had the same problem when I was looking for some. I was surprised that you can't get it anywhere other than online:/ (but it costs crazy money 5L for about 12-13£)

Associate
I was always of the understanding that Deionised water was as pure if not purer than distilled water?
I "Think" Deionised as it has contact with metals slowly re ionises, in doing so it turns into an slightly acid solution.

At least I think that's what I remember from school :D

I am currently on deionised due to sheer lack of being able to get distilled, as was said higher up, with the right additives it now been running for over a year with no issues at all.

Soldato
I was always of the understanding that Deionised water was as pure if not purer than distilled water?

As agreed with an above comment. It's water with ions removed so to balance its self out it will pull ions back from the steel/nickel/copper etc.

Can get distilled from eBay or as above get clear mayhems as it's about as expensive.

Back
Top Bottom