Where to buy an ice cream cake?

Caporegime
I asked her what birthday cake she'd like, she told me ice cream cake, I promised I'd get her one, not realising that they're so hard to find.
It's not exactly life or death as our relationship isn't built on my ability to locate cakes :p but I would very much like to find one somewhere.

Too high maintenance. Eject. Keep the cake.

Soldato
The Fudgie the Whale Ice Cream Cake is supposed to be one of the most popular ones sold in the US since Carvel introduced it in the 70s.

fudgy.jpg

fudgie2.jpg

I'm not really sure why Ice Cream Cakes have never really been sold over here. Perhaps they started in ice cream parlours and we don't have anything like the number the US does?

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that's even further away haha.
The closest place I've found is Cardiff...I'll hit up Costco etc on monday and see if I get anywhere.

Sorry, I realise, it was more just a comment about Ice Cream Cakes in general, as you often see them mentioned on US TV Shows, but never see them here.

Associate
OP
They ener all sort of competitions why don't you ping them an email and they may suggest a company from up your way.....what you got to lose?

rotters

True, always worth a shot I guess, thanks :)

Sorry, I realise, it was more just a comment about Ice Cream Cakes in general, as you often see them mentioned on US TV Shows, but never see them here.

No worries, I've always thought it was a little odd too how little you see them over here.

Soldato
Ice cream cake is more like a large posh vienetta. Very nice though.

Like a posh Vienetta?

Excuse me, Vienetta is the height of sophistication, only served at the best tables on special occasions!

(Or so the adverts used to make out, until they started giving them away in KFC)

Soldato
I've only heard of an ice cream sandwich because of Android 4.0 that came out this year, but is it similar to the cake being discussed here? Not heard of the cake either, sounds nice though.

Ice Cream Sandwiches are usually a chunk of icecream in between a wafer, cookies, or biscuits. They are sold here in the UK, just look in a Supermarket or Corner Shop ice cream freezer. I know for example that Ben & Jerrys sell them. But in answer to your question, no, thats not what is being discussed, its more like a traditional cake, but contains icecream.

But back to the topic, I think one of the main reasons they probably aren't big over here is also just because they probably aren't at all practical. You have to get it home and find a big load of space in a freezer for it. One aspect of parties is displaying a cake, which is something you can't do with an icecream cake. It has too many negatives going for it really.

My Sister actually runs a cake business and I joked that there is a market for icecream cakes, she doesn't see it though!

Back
Top Bottom