Where To Move House To In The UK?

Soldato
Associate
Christ almighty. Just bought a house for double that which is half the size. Got to love it in the south east. :o
With those windows / roofs / windowed terrace walls whatnot he'll need about £250k / year just to keep it from freezing during the winter.

I would not get anything like that unless it is somewhere south of Málaga, and even then think twice.

:D

Soldato
Was walking through Kings Lynn town center earlier today, the amount of people speaking with a 'slavic tongue' was incredible, any town of a modest size in norfolk definitely has a large eastern euro/ russian population.

Although saying that most of the eastern supermarkets have closed down from what I can see, at least 2-3 have gone in the last 6 months.

Anywhere outside of the town its pretty much just swampies though.

Yeah, I live in kings Lynn! It gets some stick but I don't mind it. Traffic is awful though.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Another Norfolker here, although in a little village about 15miles West of Norwich.

We moved up here from Surrey about three years ago and haven't looked back - you can get allot of house for your money round here.

Norwich doesn't look too bad around that sort of price, no idea what the areas are like though tbh:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...00&numberOfPropertiesPerPage=24&viewType=LIST

Norfolk is a nice area and some of the coasts are lovely. However, other than Norwich there isn't much else there. The populace seem to be either old, swampy or Polish (not necessarily a bad thing of course) and those house values are pretty crap given that it's Norwich or bust. The roads are crap too

Man of Honour
Apart from the road to Norwich, they all tend to be fast single country lanes :confused:

Yup, there's sections of the A47 and (finally) all the A11 that are dual carriageway, the rest is a mix of single track 'normal' roads.

That being said both the condition and weight of traffic on the roads is far better than the south in general.

Yes you have to contend with a load of farm machinery but the drivers tend to be pretty courteous and get out the way when they can.

Back
Top Bottom