Where's my water?

Associate
OP
Have managed to get another 1/4 turn into each cpu screw and it is now doing the aida64 test at around 65c per core. Unbelievable how much trnsion it requires for contact.

Soldato
It doesn't make a noticeable difference as long as your flow rate is adequate.

Doesn't make any difference as the fluid in the loop reaches and equilibrium so its temperature would be static as it flows round.

To achieve better cooling try increasing the pump speed if its not running aggressively, flow is usually seen to positively impact the cooling more substantially over the air flow through rads. Worth messing with the fans but we can't see how you have those configured from these photos, top out, bottom in?

Soldato
To achieve better cooling try increasing the pump speed if its not running aggressively, flow is usually seen to positively impact the cooling more substantially over the air flow through rads. Worth messing with the fans but we can't see how you have those configured from these photos, top out, bottom in?

Not entirely true, think it's been demonstrated by Martinliquidlab that the optimal flow rate is around 1-1.5 GPM, while the minimal effective fan speed is around 600-850 RPM depends on static pressure.

Soldato
Can only go by my own experience of literally doing it and the results. Not saying optimal rate but the scale of it if your set very low to begin with, which not everyone checks.

Associate
Are you sure that waterblock on the CPU is the right orientation?

Looks like the same as the one on my predator and I have it so the EK symbol is bottom right, and the in/out tubing are side by side, my temps with the same CPU / pretty much same O/C are lower with the fanspeed at min.

Soldato
Doesn't the die of the CPU goes down vertically? meaning that you would want the CPU block to go across horizontally so the fins inside the block cover the CPU better to dissipate the heat?

Are you sure that waterblock on the CPU is the right orientation?

Looks like the same as the one on my predator and I have it so the EK symbol is bottom right, and the in/out tubing are side by side, my temps with the same CPU / pretty much same O/C are lower with the fanspeed at min.
This is what i meant the right orientation! For x99 it should be how you have it but for 115x mobos it should be the other way. So inlet and outlet are side by side horizontally. Meaning the fins inside go across the CPU to discipate the heat better. Also did you change the Jet plate because i think it comes by default fitted for x99 CPUs

Also my CPU block had a airpocket in it which i know would have caused issues. But i did not mount my CPU block with paste etc. So while bleeding i unscrew my block and could move the CPU block about to get rid of any air in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
I've just re-read what r7slayer has said and realised I haven't got it orientated as he suggests. I am just about to build a second hand 'cheapo' machine so once that is done, I will look at rotating the block!

Back
Top Bottom