Where's the plug socket?

Associate
Hi all,

Foolishly, I have put some huge IKEA wardrobes song one wall in my bedroom without leaving any access to a plug socket behind. Trouble is, I can't remember where the plug socket is.

Is there a way of finding where the socket is without moving the wardrobes?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
The wardrobes are up to ceiling height and don't have much (if any) gap to the wall.

Do you think a stud finder would work? They're only attached to the wall at the top.

Associate
OP
I don't think ive any photos before the wardrobes. Note for next time!

Are all stud finders the same? Which one should I go for?

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help everyone! Just before setting out to buy a stud finder, I drilled (carefully) through the backboard, in a hopeful attempt at finding the socket first time, and found it!

Although next question has reared its head: what do I do if there's no faceplate, just the wires left in the recess?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
8OqT1Ko.jpg
here's what I'm looking at now
8OqT1Ko

uQqSFPO.jpg

Associate
OP
Don't think it is. Plugged an old extension cable (Definitely switched off the elec at the fuse box before attaching cables) into it to test and no joy.

What can I do now? Would really like it live!

sh6bDn3.jpg

Associate
OP
You're right, there's no back box and I'm not sure it was a mains socket.

I've checked all the wires going into the connector and there's nothing visibly wrong with them.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help so far

Associate
OP
The 4-way extension cable I used to test it is definitely working. The wire in the wall however, I have no idea.

Associate
OP
I think the cable's heading down and is directly above the main fuse box for the house.

I just need the socket for wardrobe lights because the only other sockets are the other side of the room!

Back
Top Bottom