Which ~£15/month contract?

Associate
I'm currently with T-Mobile with what was originally their £15/month 24 month contract which I bought through buymobilephones.net to take advantage of the retention deal. I ended up going with the Nokia 5800, which has been perfect and was a decent phone for the price at the time. However, now it seems a bit sluggish and the Symbian software is becoming a nuisance. Anyway, the contract runs out in May so I'm looking at my options.

I've had a good time with T-Mobile thus far so see no reason to change. As for the phone; My girlfriend has a Samsung Galaxy Ace which seems fairly competent and can be bought for free with the £15.50/month tariff. How does the Galaxy Ace compare with other phones at that price range?

I've noticed that the tariff I'm currently on is no longer available. Which was; 300 minutes, 300 texts and unlimited internet (or any one of the other 'boosters') for £15/month.

Looking over my billing history, I notice that I use around 130 mins and 110 texts each month. So my current plan seems to suit me quite well as it allows me to go a bit bonkers every now and then with how much I use my phone. Also, the unlimited internet is real plus; I do actually use it quite a lot. So can a similar tariff be had these days? If not then what's the best I can do? FWIW I don't mind the 24 month tie down.

Associate
i recently bought a sim only contract from 3 for £15 on a monthly rolling contract. it gives me 300 minutes with unlimited internet. they also have phones for £15 i reckon but not on a montly rolling contract.

worth a check though

Associate
check your My T-mobile upgrade page, might find a nice deal. Alternativly you might be able to stay on the same contract but just pay a few quid for a phone when you ring the retention teams. Worth a go!

Associate
I got an HTC Sensation in February extending for another 2 years.
Happy with the service and couldn't get anything handset wise from another provider for the same minutes etc at £15

Associate
OP
just pay a few quid for a phone when you ring the retention teams. Worth a go!

Tell me more...

sneakyd said:
I got an HTC Sensation in February extending for another 2 years.
Happy with the service and couldn't get anything handset wise from another provider for the same minutes etc at £15
Which provider are you with and what's the tariff?

Soldato
Tell me more...

Which provider are you with and what's the tariff?

My brother got his contract upgraded around Jan, on £15 with t-mobile and I believe he paid £60 to get a SII which is a far better phone then the Ace.

If you havnt already then sign into your online account and click the upgrade button (if its availible), general find that it has some very good offers and it hard to get any better over the phone.

Associate
Do not get an Ace or a Wildfire S. Both budget smartphones which aren't any good.

You should be able to get a GS2 or Sensation for that budget, as long as you don't get it direct from a network.

Soldato
i recently bought a sim only contract from 3 for £15 on a monthly rolling contract. it gives me 300 minutes with unlimited internet. they also have phones for £15 i reckon but not on a montly rolling contract.

worth a check though

This is what I am about to go onto from T-mobile. :)

Cmon GS3!

Associate
I need to get hold of a 3 micro sim to test coverage at my house, whats the cheapest way to do this? Order a sim and put £5 credit on it?

Thanks guys

Mart

Could you not get a 3 contract that has a cooling off period as that's what its for, if the signal is bad the just swap to another.

Soldato
I'm on the same contract as you, rang T-Mobile (intending to cancel) and they offered me a HTC One X for £140 whilst keeping me on exactly the same price plan for another 24 months.

Got the same deal but £120 for the One X in the end via Chitter Chatter, would imagine you'd be able to get a mid-high range phone for free if you're keen on keeping your current deal (seeing as most of the cheaper contract data allowances are terrible these days)

Back
Top Bottom