Which bike, down to aesthetics

Associate
No idea how good the FZ6 is, probably reasonable.

I had one of that shape Hornet, it was a brilliant little bike.

The ABS though is a bit marmite, it's nice to know you've got it, but it is a little agricultural. Also when you use the rear brake it also applies 1 of the 3 pistons on the front brakes which actually feels better.

Weight distribution is pretty sorted, it feels lighter than it is.

The engine is very nice (it's a detuned CBR 600RR engine).

As a first bike it's a very strong package, however as others have said look at the street triple, if I was buying another naked I'd have a go with the triple first before making my mind up.

Associate
hi

i vote for the FZ6

i myself have a 2009 FZ6 S2 in yellow and its been an absolutley brilliant bike. ive done 16,000 miles in 9 months and nothing has gone wrong:cool: and yamaha give an unlimited milage warrantee which is cool.

ive fitted a full leo vince system and the bike has had a dyno run (not tuned) and did 104hp at the crank.

now just awaiting the K&N filter and the power commander V in the post :D i will get it re tuned on the dyno and scan the results.

only thing i would say with the yamaha is it is a totally different bike after the 15k service, all for the better its so much more low end grunt!! constant BIG :D now!!

test ride both

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know much about bikes but I think this is lovely

Triumph-Daytona-675-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom