Which Blackberry?

Soldato
It is apparently BNIB so anyone else with some remarks?

Good so that means unregistered. Hopefully sim free. Mine came with a few slight scuffs/scratches with it being grade B-and at £120.00 I was well pleased as it would have cost me another £30.00 to replace the case etc so £150.00 for a brand new one is good in my opinion (if everything to do withthe sale is legit).

Associate
A second hand 9700, it's much better than the 8520 in my opinion (and I've had both) - The GPS, camera flash and 3g make the price difference worth it for me and it just feels like a much nicer phone.

Soldato
A second hand 9700, it's much better than the 8520 in my opinion (and I've had both) - The GPS, camera flash and 3g make the price difference worth it for me and it just feels like a much nicer phone.

But when you compare it to the 8900 the only "real" difference is the 3g which you wouldn't notice if you did some slight browsing-emailing or used a wifi connection-so the real question is would you justify it over Lazer46's comment of
8900 BNIB a good buy at £150?

Caporegime
But when you compare it to the 8900 the only "real" difference is the 3g which you wouldn't notice if you did some slight browsing-emailing or used a wifi connection-so the real question is would you justify it over Lazer46's comment of

Of course its a better handset the 9700...its faster for a start..faster CPU so its pretty nippy plus it has the trackpad which is much much better than the old trackball...trackball tends to get dirty and stuck. A mate of mine has had his 8900 for around 3 mths and already his trackball is playing up.

9700 is a far better handset than the 8900 hands down.

Caporegime
BlackBerry Bold 9000

This a good model guys?

Yeh its still a good device but is getting long in the tooth ie getting old...only has 128mb of ram..which half is taken up by the OS...so you will be lucky to have 50mbs left for any apps. Uses the same cpu as the 9700 but the 9700 has more memory....also has the old trackball which is prone to breaking down.

I had one till i replaced it with the 9700 last nov...excellent device though but like i said its getting on a bit...also keep in mind that its bigger than the 9700/8900 and heavier too but otherwise its a very decent handset.

Soldato
Of course its a better handset the 9700...its faster for a start..faster CPU so its pretty nippy plus it has the trackpad which is much much better than the old trackball...trackball tends to get dirty and stuck. A mate of mine has had his 8900 for around 3 mths and already his trackball is playing up.

9700 is a far better handset than the 8900 hands down.

I haven't noticed that so would that just be dependent on what you had by way of storage. (Ignore.Just read your above comment ;)) The trackpad is ok but I am quite happy with the trackball which is easy to clean and a spare only costs £1.50.

A mate of mine has had his 8900 for around 3 mths and already his trackball is playing up.
Some do some don't.

The 9700 is a bit smaller which i didn't really like. again-just down to prefference ;)

Forget the 8520 and do as Spawn suggests;Try both the 8900 and the bold in the shops.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive had a 9000 almost since release and have never had a problem with the trackball, just gets a bit of dust stuck in there once in a while which you just lick you finger and spin the ball around to get rid off.

Back
Top Bottom