Which DDR4 RAM is best for gaming?

Soldato
We've already covered that about 4 posts up. Have you got a review with minimums in? That would add something.

You've said what I've said isn't true (pushing higher RAM speeds can be fussy when you fiddle non-stock straps) then essentially repeated what I said :confused:

3200 is the strongest ratio on HWE CPU, and is also the highest obtainable one for most people. This is best used on 100 strap. So yes, what you said isn't true. Differences come down to alignment from CPU to CPU with DQ/DQS (OC Socket settings) lines which can make or break a ratio on a certain strap. Some CPU's are less susceptible to this, but the general consensus is that 3200 should work no problem at all on 100 strap.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I actually did find a pretty good article on techspot which found some fairly large gains to both average FPS and minimums. That was with SLI 980Tis however and the gains were greatly reduced with a single 980Ti.

If I'm reading all the information right it looks like as you would expect if you're GPU is stuck at 100% load in a particular gain you're probably best off spending money on more GPU power. If it isn't hitting 100% load however you may well see some gains from faster RAM.

That's interesting as just looking at the average frame rates it shows completely different results to the one I linked to earlier.

Using dual 980Ti's will mean your far less likely to be GPU bound, so I suspect this is why there's such a difference in the results.

Back
Top Bottom