Which electric screwdriver (not drills)

Underboss
I could do with an electric screwdriver, it wont be used very often, and i certainly don't want a drill. i don't do any DIY hardly so pointless getting a drill

i looked at this

without the set, then i noticed they do an "off set" attachment for an extra £20
so the set would the one to go for

but then there is this one at around same price that reviews seem to suggest its better than the above ?

can some one help my decision please as I'm no expert and don't venture into Home and garden

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I was in B&Q the other week and they had some battery screwdrivers - One that took my eye was a cheapo (12 quid) 7v I think and like the pistol Bosch but you press a button and twist it and it becomes like second Bosch on your list,
I have a Worx pistol one I bought years ago when Homebase closed a lot of it's stores for £5 -It has come in very handy at times.

Wow I see they are £40 plus now - Mine has the bits stored in top and you just pull top back -turn holder round to the bit you want then shut it up.

Soldato
Underboss
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
If you can afford to push the boat out then go for this Makita.

Screwdriver

I used to have one of those Bosch electric drivers, but most of the time it wasn't man enough for the jobs I needed, it couldn't even remove hand tight fixings. That's when I started looking into something with a bit more torque. The Makita runs from zero to full speed with fantastic control in both directions whether you're left or right handed, the trigger mounted on the barrel gives perfect operation, and the handle can pivot into a gun configuration if needed. 2x batteries and the charger make for a great kit.

This is the impact version which means it can help with really stubborn screws, highly recommended over the standard screwdriver version.

Soldato
One thing I would say for a screwdriver - make sure that it has a variable speed trigger.

I was an early adopter when Bosch started doing the mini ones, but the first model was either on or off, and it was a pain to be honest not having that fine control. Especially when you were trying to deal with a screw whose head was already a bit battered and not wanting to damage it more.

Underboss
OP
If you can afford to push the boat out then go for this Makita.

Screwdriver

I used to have one of those Bosch electric drivers, but most of the time it wasn't man enough for the jobs I needed, it couldn't even remove hand tight fixings. That's when I started looking into something with a bit more torque. The Makita runs from zero to full speed with fantastic control in both directions whether you're left or right handed, the trigger mounted on the barrel gives perfect operation, and the handle can pivot into a gun configuration if needed. 2x batteries and the charger make for a great kit.

This is the impact version which means it can help with really stubborn screws, highly recommended over the standard screwdriver version.

thanks

cost far too much for me though especially as i won't use it much
looks good though

Man of Honour
I thought the one I linked to was the 7th gen ?
I didn't even see you linked one in your post! I have it (5th gen), I also have a Bosch Professional combi, a few other combi's and an impact driver, and I used the Bosch screwdriver for small house jobs and my wife uses it when she's doing bits and bobs. It's still going strong after 6+ years and a house move.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd honestly just get a battery powered combi drill.
The chucks have a torque dial so you can set the torque so low you can even stop it by grabbing it with your hand if you want to.

A much more versatile tool.
Something like this for example

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom