Which electric screwdriver (not drills)

Underboss
I could do with an electric screwdriver, it wont be used very often, and i certainly don't want a drill. i don't do any DIY hardly so pointless getting a drill

i looked at this

without the set, then i noticed they do an "off set" attachment for an extra £20
so the set would the one to go for

but then there is this one at around same price that reviews seem to suggest its better than the above ?

can some one help my decision please as I'm no expert and don't venture into Home and garden

thanks

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Last edited:
Underboss
OP
If you can afford to push the boat out then go for this Makita.

Screwdriver

I used to have one of those Bosch electric drivers, but most of the time it wasn't man enough for the jobs I needed, it couldn't even remove hand tight fixings. That's when I started looking into something with a bit more torque. The Makita runs from zero to full speed with fantastic control in both directions whether you're left or right handed, the trigger mounted on the barrel gives perfect operation, and the handle can pivot into a gun configuration if needed. 2x batteries and the charger make for a great kit.

This is the impact version which means it can help with really stubborn screws, highly recommended over the standard screwdriver version.

thanks

cost far too much for me though especially as i won't use it much
looks good though

Underboss
OP
Thanks

Like I said in my OP, I'm no good at DIY, I have no intention of drilling, I have family in the trade. Its not for me I'm a geek lol

I use a screwdriver on the odd occasion so it would be nice to get an electric version so to speak.

Underboss
OP
Just thought I would give a bit of an update

I've used my combi-drill a few times now, and i am really impressed with it, I'm so glad i bought one with a variable speed trigger and a light

repaired a cupboard door, and i had to make new holes with the wood screws, couldn't do it very well using a manual screwdriver as my wrist isn't all that good, so trying to put the pressure on enough and turn it was hard work

also put this extension socket up :

rSu5nX7.jpg

decided to get the dewalt screwdriver bits as i was ordering under the free postage threshold, so ordered that to get my free postage

thanks @dlockers and everyone who posted in this thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom