• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which games do you like to test a new GPU with ?

Soldato
Guys when you buy a new GPU which are you're favourite games you choose first to play to test it with ?

Maybe this could give me some ideas as all the games i own are pretty old now and i haven't kept up with what are the latest AAA games for a few years

The latest games i have are 3 to 4 years old now :o which are Cyberpunk & MS Flightsim 2020

Last edited:
Associate
Guys when you buy a new GPU which are you're favourite games you choose first to play to test it with ?

Maybe this could give me some ideas as all the games i own are pretty old now and i haven't kept up with what are the latest AAA games for a few years

The latest games i have are 3 to 4 years old now :o which are Cyberpunk & MS Flightsim 2020
Try Starfield and Dragon's Dogma 2 - as no matter what card you just got they still run like ****. :D

I've just replayed through TLoU Part 1 with max out settings at 1440p and really enjoyed it (after all the patches from it's rough release..) I even went back and played through Shadow of the Tomb Raider and was surprised how good it looked. Alan Wake 2 I absolutely hated - and I normally like walking sims. Currently playing Horizon Forbidden West maxed out and it looks stunning to my eyes (also really like the game too.)

Associate
Whenever I buy a GPU I test it with whatever games I'm currently playing. I've never installed a game for testing purposes and then uninstalled it afterwards. Any game that you've been testing for the last 4 or 5 GPU upgrades is going to be very old by now.

This for me too.

I always have a mess around with Heaven unigine (and valley), and other benchmark software and then feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see that huge increase in a number.... regardless of whether it looks any better or not :D

Soldato
OP
Used to be Crysis 3 but nowadays I'd probably go with something Ray Tracing heavy like cyberpunk or Alan Wake 2.
The first crysis game back in 2007 or 2008 cost me a small fortune :cry:
If i remember right i ended up buying two 8800gtx to run in SLI a full watercooling setup with EK gpu & cpu blocks, 360mm rad etc Plus a silverstone TJ07 case to put it all in :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
The first crysis game back in 2007 or 2008 cost me a fortune :cry:
If i remember right i ended up buying two 8800gtx to run in SLI a full watercooling setup with EK gpu & cpu blocks, 360mm rad etc Plus a silverstone TJ07 case to put it all in :eek:

Yeah I remember getting an 8800 gts for the first Crysis and was lucky to get 30fps. Still played through the night to complete it in one sitting, it was glorious.

Soldato
OP
Whenever I buy a GPU I test it with whatever games I'm currently playing. I've never installed a game for testing purposes and then uninstalled it afterwards. Any game that you've been testing for the last 4 or 5 GPU upgrades is going to be very old by now.
That normally the case for me, But this time i been out of gaming for about 3 years and now am trying to get back into it

Soldato
OP
Yeah I remember getting an 8800 gts for the first Crysis and was lucky to get 30fps. Still played through the night to complete it in one sitting, it was glorious.
I couldn't even hardly get 30fps with a single 8800gtx (this was at 1920x1200 on Dell 24" 2406 monitor)
I remember some people on here was trying to run it on a Dell 30" 2560x1600 monitor :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom