• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which GPU for 3440x1440?

I am okay with an rtx3070 but I was expecting more performance to be honest; Fortnite can't run at decent frame rates with ray tracing which is very disappointinging. With ray tracing off, it can do consistently around 120Hz with shadows and AA in medium! Cyberpunk is okay, medium ray tracing gives me around 60-90 fps.

I can't believe such a slow performance for a 680 quid graphics card lol (and that price was a deal from OCUK haha)

I tried rtx on cyberpunk again to see if I could force myself to notice any difference... barely registered, I had to actually look and seek out any improvement. I still view rtx as a waste of time on current hardware.

I tried rtx on cyberpunk again to see if I could force myself to notice any difference... barely registered, I had to actually look and seek out any improvement. I still view rtx as a waste of time on current hardware.

I found it really depends on the scene - driving through the city in the rain at night? massive difference. Walking through the dessert at midday? Barely noticeable!

I kept it on despite the 40% fps drop as the times it did make a difference was worth it

I am okay with an rtx3070 but I was expecting more performance to be honest; Fortnite can't run at decent frame rates with ray tracing which is very disappointinging. With ray tracing off, it can do consistently around 120Hz with shadows and AA in medium! Cyberpunk is okay, medium ray tracing gives me around 60-90 fps.

I can't believe such a slow performance for a 680 quid graphics card lol (and that price was a deal from OCUK haha)

I wouldn't worry, think of the poor lot that bought the 2080ti for double! Lol

I found it really depends on the scene - driving through the city in the rain at night? massive difference. Walking through the dessert at midday? Barely noticeable!

I kept it on despite the 40% fps drop as the times it did make a difference was worth it

Yeah it really depends where you are, time off day, if it's raining etc. Even then, I still had to look for signs of improvement, which was enough to turn it off and leave dlss on for a better overall experience. For me the performance sacrifice isn't worth it. If I had a more powerful GPU it might be an option I guess.

That's because it isn't really a £680 card. It's at best a £500 tier card (high end AIB) for the performance it offers. The FE at £469 is just about acceptable.

yes, you are right and unfortunately, these extortionate prices will stay for the rest of the year and maybe more (until we get a new crisis which may be around the corner!)

Back
Top Bottom