• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Which is the better visual upgrade, HDR 10 or Ray Tracing?

Which is the better visual upgrade, HDR 10 or Ray Tracing?

• HDR 10

Votes: 95 65.1%
  • Ray Tracing

Votes: 51 34.9%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Hardware Unboxed feel that HDR 10 is the better visual upgrade and I'm inclined to agree having used both. There's also the fact that HDR does not have a performance cost.

Currently using a Vesa Certified DisplayHDR 1000 display for testing.

xqxsxpx.png

Question at 7:22.

Please can the holy dons/mods turn this into a Poll.

Options:

HDR 10
Ray Tracing

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
As it stands, HDR. For me HDR was a bigger upgrade than going to 4K.
HDR is a significant upgrade and once you've tried it you can never go back.

That said, if you've never tried it i think it is one of those things that you can be blissfully ignorant of. You don't know what you're missing out on. :p

Caporegime
OP
So why would you pose the OP then if there is only one correct choice?:confused:
I thought it was an interesting question, so did HUB as they answered it on their Q&A.

Which option did you vote for?

Whole premise of the thread was baited towards AMD regardless and to make a point of Ray Tracing Vs HDR, both completely different but thread was done so in a fashion to highlight the fact AMDs weakness in RT is a moot point because we have HDR, AMD shills/fans need only apply.
Oh yeah, forgot OP used to work for AMD
Used?

No need to get so defensive folks.

Are you upset because HDR1000 is winning the poll or something?

It's just an opinion no need to get bent out of shape over it. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
What does post No 12 say?:rolleyes:

No need to tell me, I wasn't the one saying all those that voted RT had never seen HDR.
It's okay, i could tell by your reaction without even looking at your post.

People may vote one way or the other, even if they've not tried both like some of us have.

And you know what, that's okay as it's just an opinion at the end the day. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Caporegime
OP
You have cheapo HDR TVs\Monitors.
Then you have the real thing ;)

You like the HD ready\HDR stuff :)
I've no doubt there is better than what i have (Samsung CRG90 5120x1440)
xqxsxpx.png

But, it still is a massive upgrade from a non HDR display.

I also need a display that can sit on a desk, to be used for browsing and working with multiple Excel spreadsheets etc. Ultra wide is great for that.

No.
It's 10,000. I can play a 4,000nits blu ray ok.
10,000 was good a few years back, but things have moved on since then. :p

Caporegime
OP
6 inches.. maybe 5.8? ;)
On a warm day. :D
There you go again, getting bent out of shape assuming you know what poeple have/have not seen. Come and look at my 77 inch C9 in the living room :rolleyes:

Did you change back to LtMatt from AMDMatt because you can't stay objective enough.

My reaction? reply was to your ridiculous biased assumption. To me as an owner of both that can comment.

They are both good when implemented properly - I said why I gave Ray-tracing my vote. I didnt start with the "90% of ray tracing voters haven't seen HDR", that was all you getting bent out of shape because they didn't agree with you. ;)
That's it, let it all out dear.

Caporegime
OP
That your panel you are using for the HDR arguement. Response times one of the slowest for a VA panel with AVERAGE G2G times of 13ms+ and HDR reviewed as crap as it has 10 vertical dimming zones?

Heard it all now. YOU have never seen true HDR pal. This is what this thread you started is

AMD employee finds tiny clip of something on the internet where some channel that gets paid from making videos for clicks - answers a Q from an email - finishes for this guys opinion as a p[reference for HDR if it's done well.

Puts question on forum - then assumes knowingly that 90% that voted for RT haven't seen HDR properly. Then posts own monitor.

Can't believe you actually put this in a forum for all to see. LOL.

You mates with 4k8k?
Are you feeling okay? You seem pretty riled up.

I can see you want an argument, but it's just opinions.

Take a deep breath and calm down. :)

This is golden. Love the backslapping and comradery :D
Some heads have gone here, oh dear. :p

Caporegime
OP
Projection, love it.

Have a lie down. And put AMD back in front - it'll make more sense.
I'm glad you've calmed down, there really is no need to get some emotional over someone having a different opinion to you.

Feel free to disagree sure, but getting confrontational over it is completely unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom