Which RPG - Sacred or Divine Divinity

Associate
Which RPG is the better, Sacred or Divine Divinity. I never finished both of these games even though I recall enjoying both of them. I never did reinstall them after a re-build. I cannot remember which one I enjoyed more. Which of them has the most depth. Sacred appears to have better graphics and Divinity has a higher score at Gamespot.

Any advice.

Man of Honour
Sacred is more the hack'n'slash, but at least you feel like you're getting somewhere. Think Diablo2 with bells on (but not so well designed). DD was so dull I gave up after about ten hours in which I'd achieved practically naff all. DD is more the NWN school of RPG.

I'd take Sacred any day - if I wanted to be vored I'd read QMS documents.

M

Associate
I agree, Sacred becomes REALLY repetitive, it was unbearable and i quit midgame.

Divine Divinity .... that was awesome, fantastic game, superb fun. Described as very much hack and slash, which i guess it is, but it never got boring at any point. (the sequel Beyond Divinity sucks big time btw)

Associate
Divine divinity is a pretty good game. very open world.I only have good memories of DD.

(the sequel Beyond Divinity sucks big time btw)

I could only play beyond divinity when i had the cheats on . it was bloomin boring. :D

Can't say anything about sacred as i never played it.

Associate
OP
Just as well DD is coming out tops as I could not find my copy of Sacred - must have sold it a while back. I loaded up DD last night and only had time to play for ten minutes. Graphics are old school with the isometric view and all. The music and sound is good and I will try the combat tonight.

I bought The Temple of Elemental Evil off EBay for £1.50 (inc delivery) and was playing it over the weekend. Might be a bit to difficult for me, plus it is a bit jerky when I scroll the play area. This is annoying for a game with mostly pre-rendered graphics.

Any good older RPG's you guys can recommend as the old top down games are becoming rare, and contrary to popular opinion better than the first person dummy games. (except for Gothic1&2)

Last edited:
Soldato
Baldurs Gate 1 (Expansion Tales Of The Sword Coast) - 4/5
Baldurs Gate 2 (Expansion Throne of Bhaal) - 5/5
Planescape Torment - 5/5
Arcanum: Steamworks of Magick Obscura -4/5
KOTOR 1 - 5/5
KOTOR 2 - 4/5

Edit: I haven't played them but the Icewind Dale (SP?) Series are meant to be good as well.

Back
Top Bottom