• Vivaldi

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can I have a poll created please, just curious as to what other OcUK members use.

Brave
Firefox
Google Chrome
Microsoft Edge
Opera
Safari
Other (post below)

Soldato
Firefox for home use but Chrome for work. Also have Edge, Vivaldi and Opera installed in case a site doesn't work for me in Firefox and to give me extra browsers for work when I sometimes need 3 or 4 on the go.

Soldato
OP
I've just contacted a moderator to have this turned into a poll. I'm more curious if OcUK members follow a different trend as to what the majority of websites say.

Soldato
Surprised I didn't notice myself. I have messaged a moderator, hopefully they can fix it some time today. :)
I know some people say "it's just Chrome", but I've found it to be the better Chromium-based browser. No doubt it'll get 100 "AI" features and be completely useless in the near future though.

Soldato
OP
I know some people say "it's just Chrome", but I've found it to be the better Chromium-based browser. No doubt it'll get 100 "AI" features and be completely useless in the near future though.
Microsoft Edge is on there now, mod did it very quick. :)

I've been using Chrome regularly for years but just feels too bloaty as months and years went by, before that I was regularly using Internet Explorer, and before that Netscape until it disappeared.

I haven't voted yet, as I'm going to try a few out and see if I'll change browser, I do have Firefox and Edge installed and dabble with both sometimes, its quite possible I'll end up switching to Firefox, I will see over the coming week or two. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Chrome at home and at work. Opera Mini on phone.

Chrome is ****ing me off at the moment though because the 2023 UI "refresh" where the bookmark bar dropdown menus all now have ridiculous extra space between each bookmark, and they seem to have finally stopped all the workarounds to disable it :mad: Seriously I hate the way it uses up twice as much space for my carefully sorted bookmarks.

Soldato
Firefox, have done for ages. I also use Edge for extra Facebook duties where I have a different account setup, saves me keep logging in and out all the time. Have quite a few extensions on FireFox, so also use Edge for testing if a page doesn't load correctly.

Associate
Haven't tried Opera on desktop, but on mobile it looks great at first glance. Brave is my go to as the spell check built in is decent enough, which is something FF i found is a bit wonky with. But FF isolated tabs is great. But Brave wins out with quick toggle script disabling. Edge is good, but can't be bothered to invest in it as MS will lightly change settings as they see fit as time goes on.

Soldato
A firefox fork on my desktop called Floorp that has a few bits added that I like such as smooth scrolling, multiple rows of tabs, split screen and some minor stuff on the sidebar.

Also been trying ecosia's new browser which is basically chrome + adblock + planting trees - google stuff.

Edge is the default we use at work and it is genuinely one of the worst pieces of software I have ever used in my life. I swear the design team asked everyone and their families for ideas and implemented all of them, it's bloated with stuff beyond compare.

Back
Top Bottom