• Vivaldi

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Edge for work & personal. It's basically Chrome but seems to be better on resource usage, and got some nice features like vertical tabs way before Chrome had it.

Though I must admit the addition of copilot everywhere is getting annoying.

Associate
Edge for work & personal. It's basically Chrome but seems to be better on resource usage, and got some nice features like vertical tabs way before Chrome had it.

Though I must admit the addition of copilot everywhere is getting annoying.
It's possible to remove copilot from Edge.

Edge has become pretty good lately, and does feel lightening quick.

Associate
Using Firefox for the last 12 months, before it had always been Chrome. Chrome on my Phone and Tablet. Did try Firefox on them but didn't like it.

Last edited:
Associate
Firefox on Win/Linux, Safari on Mac. I'd like to use Firefox on Mac too but the battery life benefits of Safari are too useful.

I've been looking at a Firefox branch called Floorp that could be more customisable and faster.

Associate
I use Chrome most of the time but my work computer only has Edge on it and to be honest, I have no issues with it at all, it seems to have some pretty good features these days.

Soldato
Firefox.
I do have DuckDuck and Brave, but only use them if there is some problem with Firefox.
Edge is on the PC but I don't trust Microsoft any more so never use it.

Last edited:
Associate
Only thing I found annoying with Firefox recently was the random hitches, and random freezes watching youtube. The audio continues to play but the video would randomly freeze for a couple seconds then continue.

Lowering the tracking prevention helped with some videos, but I was still experiencing it occasionally. I don't ever experience this with any other browser.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only thing I found annoying with Firefox recently was the random hitches, and random freezes watching youtube. The audio continues to play but the video would randomly freeze for a couple seconds then continue.

Lowering the tracking prevention helped with some videos, but I was still experiencing it occasionally. I don't ever experience this with any other browser.
You get that too? I thought it was my computer or my broadband. I kept getting the video freezing, sometimes with artifacts on the screen and the sound carried on. Refreshing the page didn't do much but if I skipped a few seconds ahead of the point in the video where it froze that normally fixed it.

Associate
You get that too? I thought it was my computer or my broadband. I kept getting the video freezing, sometimes with artifacts on the screen and the sound carried on. Refreshing the page didn't do much but if I skipped a few seconds ahead of the point in the video where it froze that normally fixed it.

Yep it’s definitely just a Firefox issue, for me anyway. I’ll watch the same video on any other browser no problem

Associate
Brave on my home desktop and phone, Edge on my company laptop as ultimately that's the only browser installed as part of the corporate IT policy.

I don't mind Edge in all honesty, it's not a bad browser but do prefer Brave overall. That said, the split screen browsing included with Edge is very useful when doing comparisons online.

Associate
I don't mind Edge in all honesty, it's not a bad browser but do prefer Brave overall. That said, the split screen browsing included with Edge is very useful when doing comparisons online.

Yeah I really like that feature too, I use it a lot. Edge has definitely improved quite a lot and it's probably one of the fastest browsers now imo and also hogs the least amount of ram too compared to most of them

Soldato
I have been using Firefox only as long as I can remember, have not had many issues over the years.
I don’t understand why anyone would want to use a browser made by data miners (Google, MS…). I sometimes must test works site in Edge but not often.

Associate
Yep it’s definitely just a Firefox issue, for me anyway. I’ll watch the same video on any other browser no problem

Was reading an article recently which talked about how Google's javascripting is written in a way which deliberately favours chrome-derived engines and targets calls which the mozilla engine isn't as good at so that the likes of firefox suffers on google served webpages like youtube and similar.

I.e. it may not actually be firefox, but rather the server end hampering firefox.

Back
Top Bottom