• Vivaldi

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I voted "other" for Waterfox its firefox based. Will occasionally dip into Edge for linked things that will not load i.e. AMD chipset driver page for example somethings blocking the referral from the main page so it thinks you hot linked. Its just easier to fire up Edge for those er, edge cases but I don't enjoy the experience as a daily.

Last edited:
Soldato
I switch to Firefox a few months back after exclusively using Chrome for 10 years or more. It was more a move as part of 'de-googling' my life. There was a bit of an adjustment period but overall I'm happy with the switch now.

Soldato
Firefox on work laptop, phone and ipad. I work for myself now so am out of a company enforced software eco system and finding it brilliant so far with the tab pick ups on other devices, sending tabs to devices and the password management system. Presume other browsers have similar features. Only downside I have found was watching a rugby game via a free to air TV networks live stream (fully legally, no bypassing of payment or VPN). Just didn't work at all so switched to edge for a one off.

Soldato
Edge at work, Edge at home, Edge on mobile.

I'm an IT manager of a site that uses Office 365 E3/E5 licenses, everything is Edge, it's nice having everything seamlessly syncing between all device experiences, and switching between personal and work profiles.

Associate
Been using Brave both on desktop and on phones. I find Brave's built in adblock stronger than other adblock extensions.

Previously was using Chrome and Edge.

Soldato
Firefox on work laptop, phone and ipad. I work for myself now so am out of a company enforced software eco system and finding it brilliant so far with the tab pick ups on other devices, sending tabs to devices and the password management system. Presume other browsers have similar features. Only downside I have found was watching a rugby game via a free to air TV networks live stream (fully legally, no bypassing of payment or VPN). Just didn't work at all so switched to edge for a one off.
Switched to Edge again briefly today to fill out an application for a parking permit on local councils website. None of the form fields were clickable with FF. Strange.

Soldato
Edge at work, Edge at home, Edge on mobile.

I'm an IT manager of a site that uses Office 365 E3/E5 licenses, everything is Edge, it's nice having everything seamlessly syncing between all device experiences, and switching between personal and work profiles.
Edge is the win for work/personal profiles. Syncing all works nice.

The mobile browser has a good adblocker.

No complaints. Other that a weird rendering issue that persisted for a couple months but was fixed in a recent update, but that could equally have been android Web view.

Soldato
I used Chrome, Edge and Firefox browers everyday over the last few years.

But over the last week Firefox acted weird used lots of CPU and memory resources caused CPU to hit 100% load, tried restarted Firefox but hours later it used lots of CPU and memory resources, CPU hit 100% load again but Firefox had no extensions.

I am so fedup with Firefox issues and finally dumped Firefox.

Will use both Chrome and Edge from now, both browsers used low CPU and memory resources than Firefox.

Last edited:
Associate
Firefox, and have done for many years. Tried Chrome after reading a while back that Firefox's market share was in single digits and falling, but couldn't get into it as a daily driver. Too many menu options hidden away I think. Since then, I think Firefox has made a bit of a comeback, so not looking elsewhere right now!

Soldato
Firefox, as we need to support FOSS if we want it to continue and there is so little competition for Chrome and Google it’s worrying due to privacy and monopoly reasons. But mainly as it works well on all platforms I use on both new and older machines.

Last edited:
Soldato
I seem to remember Netscape Navigator before using Firefox, as Netscape was the only viable competitor to Internet Exploder Explorer at the time.

Associate
All of them (literally) - Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave, Edge, Firefox 56, Waterfox.

I've got a terrible habit of just opening new tabs to view things, so I ended up with 2k tabs (yes, 2,000) in Chrome, used Vivaldi for a bit and ended up with another handful of tabs, use Edge for work related stuff and Microsoft rewards, Firefox (56) stopped being supported so tried to move to Waterfox for the legacy add on support etc.

I started using Brave a few weeks back and trying to migrate away from Chrome (and being more sensible with my usage!)

Back
Top Bottom