Which would you choose and why

Caporegime
slower than the speed triple 675? the Daytona is?

speed can be less important as you get olderaswell,it is with me,id rather have something I can enjoy to ride rather than all out speed

EDIT: @ op just buy a Kawasaki and be done with it;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've tried to book test rides, it's not proving easy. The local Triumph garage don't have any demonstrator bikes (Street Triple R or Daytonas). I haven't contacted the BMW garage yet so I'll give them a ring this week and see if I can sort out a test ride of the S1000RR

Soldato
I've tried to book test rides, it's not proving easy. The local Triumph garage don't have any demonstrator bikes (Street Triple R or Daytonas). I haven't contacted the BMW garage yet so I'll give them a ring this week and see if I can sort out a test ride of the S1000RR

Webbs in Lincoln will let you test ride anything.

It might be worthwhile coming down and seeing them.

Ask for Mark, he will look after you.

Soldato

Yeah Triumph are a bit sucky at test rides. My local one only ever seems to have a Street Triple available.

Man of Honour
My Triumph dealer have 8 test bikes. 2 each (different configurations) of the Speed, Street, Tiger and Bonneville.

They keep trying to get me to test ride the Tigers and Speeds!

Soldato
My Triumph dealer have 8 test bikes. 2 each (different configurations) of the Speed, Street, Tiger and Bonneville.

They keep trying to get me to test ride the Tigers and Speeds!

Do eeeet! Especially the Speed triple, preferably the R version ;) this is on my list to test ride for a future purchase. I mean it's completely impractical, uncomfortable for long ride and it's an ageing design, but it looks awesome, and there's something about it, especially the R version with the Brembo monoblocks, Ohlins, and forged wheels (on the earlier versions).

Soldato
Do eeeet! Especially the Speed triple, preferably the R version ;) this is on my list to test ride for a future purchase. I mean it's completely impractical, uncomfortable for long ride

Impractical? If you compare it to a tourer or something that can carry luggage then I suppose it is, but you just put the stuff you need on your back if you're commuting, which for me is just my lunch. To me it's no less impractical than any other naked.

Uncomfortable? Nah. Did 7 days of pretty much 6 hours+ riding a day and only got uncomfortable because I had a heavy back pack that was all on my shoulders. Some Kriega packs will sort that for next time.

Soldato
Out of the list I would pick the 675R, same kind of reasons I went with the 899.

Looks good, sounds good, fast but not wsb fast so you can actually use the rev range on the road without doing stupid speeds.

With the gap you have left in performance between a 675 and S1000RR you should look at the GSX-R750, 899 and F3 800 and any other middle ground sports bikes out there.

Just go and ride as much as you can before you buy anything!

Man of Honour
Do eeeet! Especially the Speed triple, preferably the R version ;) this is on my list to test ride for a future purchase. I mean it's completely impractical, uncomfortable for long ride and it's an ageing design, but it looks awesome, and there's something about it, especially the R version with the Brembo monoblocks, Ohlins, and forged wheels (on the earlier versions).

Pfft, It's a joint Triumph/Aprilia garage. I'm going to take one of their RSV4s up a mountain pass!

Soldato
Pfft, It's a joint Triumph/Aprilia garage. I'm going to take one of their RSV4s up a mountain pass!

Ooh, try and blag a test ride on an Aprilia Tuono Factory, the new one. Should be an incredible bike!

Oh and OP - with £10k to play with, just get out there and test ride EVERYTHING. So long as it meets your requirements for riding (Sunday blasts/commuting/touring) just try stuff.

Last edited:
Caporegime
saw some beautiful 675's and one 675r Daytona's today in wolvo triumph,two 09 models and one 2013,the 09 models tend to have a much higher tail/pillion section and was fitted with a lot of carbon covers/akrapovic exhaust

the red looks nice kinda reminded me of a London bus red,and one they had was in white

they also had a 2012 zx6r which also looked gorgeous

tax was £80 odd a year on the Daytona,compared to £59 for a 600cc,worth bearing in mind if your gonna keep the bike longterm,year in year out I suppose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom