Who Do You Support? 2011 Edition.

Don
Over five years ago Baz created a thread asking which Football team you supported, this is a new updated one. It will be interesting to see the differences from then and to now.]

It would also be also nice to hear from those who don't contribute much to The Football Stadium as to why they don't?

Hopefully we can make it a better place for those wanting to participate but won't.

I will collect all results and will record them as Baz once did.

(Old one: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17633449&highlight=username_BaZ87&page=6)

Post away. Only one team allowed

English Premier League
Arsenal - 11
Aston Villa - 3
Birmingham City - 2
Blackpool - 1
Chelsea - 6
Everton - 7
Fulham - 1
Liverpool - 19
Manchester United - 27
Newcastle United - 3
Stoke RC - 4
Tottenham Hotspur - 16
West Brom - 2
West Ham United - 3
Wigan - 1
Wolverhamption Wonderers - 2

Championship
Crystal Palace - 1
Coventry - 1
Ipswich - 1
Leeds United - 7
Leicester City - 2
Norwich - 2
Nottingham Forest - 3
Portsmouth - 1
Reading - 1
Sheff Utd - 1
Swansea - 1

League 1
Brighton - 3
Brentford - 2
Charlton - 1
Leyton Orient - 2
Southampton - 2
Sheffield Wednesday - 3
Peterborough - 1

League 2
Crewe Alexandra - 1
Port Vale - 1
Southend - 1

Conference National
Grimsby Town - 1
Newport County AFC - 1

Scottish Premier League
Aberdeen - 1
Celtic - 5
Glasgow Rangers - 3
Hearts - 1
Hibs - 1

Scottish 1st Division
Dundee FC - 2

Serie A
Inter - 2

Last edited:
Permabanned
Baz, maybe you can have some input on this seeing as you were involved the first time.

Did you notice that people were coming into that old thread to tell us who they supported but were normally people who hardly ever posted in the SA anyway?

I seem to remember lots of names and thinking I can't ever remember them contributing in the threads.

Man of Honour
I doubt people really change their football team that much, if so they're unlikely to follow it that religiously like die hard fans do.

All that will really change is the greater number of fans with clubs with new money and those that have had recent success, i.e. Chelsea, City and Spurs respectively.

Arsenal

Though I do have a long term favourite from each country, Barca, Monaco, Dortmund, Parma, Ajax and Benfica....not sure the list goes that way though. :p

Don
OP
I doubt people really change their football team that much, if so they're unlikely to follow it that religiously like die hard fans do.

All that will really change is the greater number of fans with clubs with new money and those that have had recent success, i.e. Chelsea, City and Spurs respectively.

Arsenal

Though I do have a long term favourite from each country, Barca, Monaco, Dortmund, Parma, Ajax and Benfica....not sure the list goes that way though. :p

It's not to see if fans change who they support, it's interesting reading who actually looks at The Football Stadium now to previous years :)

Don
Baz, maybe you can have some input on this seeing as you were involved the first time.

Did you notice that people were coming into that old thread to tell us who they supported but were normally people who hardly ever posted in the SA anyway?

I seem to remember lots of names and thinking I can't ever remember them contributing in the threads.

Yea. There were countless people that I hadn't notice posting in SA before or since.

There was also idiots that found it too difficult to post their teams name and instead posted in riddles but worst of all, some people supported more than 1 side.
It was JG that did it iirc.

Yep. Then he used witchcraft to make it look like I created it and persuaded me to do it for a couple of days, which turned into forever.

Back
Top Bottom