Who else does this?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
So, who else here writes long, elucid posts on a given thread simply to change their mind mid-way and not submit the post in the first place?

I'm certainly guilty. Recently, there have been many times I've dived into some response, written some rant or amusing quip only to check myself and think "This is more effort than it's worth." or simply run out of steam before I've made my point and consequently not bothered. Indeed, there have been many times I've written exactly what I've wanted to say and then not submitted it purely because I didn't have the motivation to deal with the inevitable barrage of idiot arguments it would cause - this is normally in the case of long, drawn-out arguments (we've all seen how the religion and political debates end up on here).

Anyone else? Or is this just some weird thing I've developed from being stuck on here too much? *twitches*

Soldato
At times I'm sad enough to type out a 500 word document that fits my needs, but when it comes to replying, I find all that matters is buzz words, and fads is all that matters, generally.

I'm not knocking it, as I am generally the worlds worst.

Soldato
I do that, mostly with posts that might be provocative in some way. I normally regret it if I don't hold back as I end up in the middle of an argument or discussion that I really can't be bothered with.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Im the same!

Get ready to submit a reply..then think..do I actually really care?

Answer is no so I dont submit :p

Soldato
Yeah, me too - especially when drunk :o

It's partly because I try to be fastidious with spelling, grammar and sentence flow, and partly because I get all lofty and condescending in a pathetic attempt to impress with long words. Throw in a need to construct watertight 'arguments' - or at least pre-empting likely responses - and time flies.

Thankfully something primal kicks in and to the Back button I go. Most of the time, anyway.

I should point out I'm completely sober at the moment, and this still took me over ten minutes :D :o :(

Associate
I do it a lot, though once it gets to a decent size I get stubborn and spend ages editing it, even if it does come out as a big pile of splosh. On that note as well I'm really bad for having to edit my posts as I always think of something to write about 3 seconds after hitting the post button.

Not this post though :D

Soldato
I often have an opinion on something, start writing the post, then start struggling with how I'm going to word it an not sound like a tard. Then after a few goes at a sentence... Aaaah screw it, why am I putting so much effort into this ridiculous topic anyway?

Soldato
i do this often. i also tend to make my mind up mid way that im not going to post it, but finish it anyway only to delete it.

its a little stupid really.

Permabanned
many times.

I often find it funny when two members are having a slagging off match between each other, both only posting a few lines between them, then one of the members posts about five paragraphs of dribble to make himself seem more intelligent :)

Soldato
I do that, mostly with posts that might be provocative in some way. I normally regret it if I don't hold back as I end up in the middle of an argument or discussion that I really can't be bothered with.

Yeah thats a good point.

I sometimes become embroilled in an argument that becomes so tedious and silly, I end up cancelling my reply and stop replying to that thread altogether.

Back
Top Bottom