Who else has preordered Octopath travlers!

Associate
OP
http://imgur.com/gallery/VqrQcZt
VqrQcZt
It finally arrived it's so pretty

VqrQcZt

Last edited:
Associate
OP
5hr 30 into the game. Really enjoying this so far.

Few things, as I am a JRPG noob. I feel like o canot see a current list of objectives and side quests. Does it list them fully anywhere? I have figured out the system for the main characters, it shows you on the map the next stage of their chapter.

Also in the Journal of each of the mains you can see the latest step of their journey where it tells you what next coupled with the stamp on the map. But yeah thinking more sub objectives/side-quests. Any ideas?

How's everyone else's experiences so far? :)
I've been wondering the same thing myself if i'm honest i've checked everywhere i can think of and can't for the life of me find a side quest marker:(

Associate
OP
What's everyone's favourite party combo for me it's

h'aaanit
Olberic
Cyrus
And the cleric (her name escapes me)
So far I'm finding this to be the perfect combo as I have a large amount of AoE damage and some great support skills as well since olberic can tank and I can heal on 2 of the characters which is super handy

Associate
OP
Tried chapter 2 of Alfyn boss three times now...

...Died 3 times :(

The first time I put it down to my characters being too low a level. So after putting Cyrus back in the group in exchange for Therion and some significant levelling (Alfyn & H'aanit now at 30. Olberic at 26 and Cyrus at 20-21) I thought I would try again.

Ultimately, despite putting up a much better fight this time, I still lost (well, lose)

For anyone who knows this boss. I can handle her 2 guards and kill them and get on to chipping away at her HP well enough, especially considering they have a defense of 6 each plus something like 10K HP. However, after a few turns she revives them and that's when it begins to go down hill for me. It's at that point my characters are all worn down that bit more that they eventually win the battle. I can maybe take ito one of them but I eventually lose. Bah!

Have to rethink strategy here. I did try tanking with Olberic which helps a lot but when the woman apocathery uses concoct based attacks they're often targeted towards the group regardless.

Maybe I just need to enforce the tank more and try to buff him with the other characters. Hmmmm.

I'll be thinking about this over dinner tonight :p

Still, it's awesome to be properly challenged. It's been a while since a game has made me want to throw it out the wall in frustration! :p
Olberics Defence ability also blocks damage for party members just incase you were unaware hope it helps!

Associate
OP
52 hours on the clock and all chapters done. I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Really not had this many smiles in a game for a good while! GG Square Enix and Aquire!

Now onward to see if I can finally nail some of the advance job bosses :o

on bosses, there's an optional side quest in the Forest of No Return just to the West of Victor's Hollow. This sees you trying to rescue a missing daughter and the boss you run into is hard as nails! Took me a good 45 minutes to bring down :eek:
How many chapters is there? Just out of curiosity

Associate
OP
Anyone else using characters they originally disliked? Im currently leveling alfyn and I first thought he was boring and crap but now I'm preferring him over the cleric he has decent DPS and some handy spells for heals etc!!

Back
Top Bottom