Who else has preordered Octopath travlers!

Associate
OP
What's everyone's favourite party combo for me it's

h'aaanit
Olberic
Cyrus
And the cleric (her name escapes me)
So far I'm finding this to be the perfect combo as I have a large amount of AoE damage and some great support skills as well since olberic can tank and I can heal on 2 of the characters which is super handy

Associate
I'm currently using:
  • Olberic - Warrior/Thief - boost to Physical attacks as well as speed/evasion
  • Ophilia - Cleric/Scholar - ability to also use hard hitting AOE mage spells as well as heal/summon
  • Therion - Thief/Hunter - boost to Physical attacks as well as speed/crit
  • Cyrus - Scholar/Trader - boost to already great magic power as well as access to the wind spells (I don't like Tressa either :o)
Looking forward to trying out more combos when I come across more job shrines!

Soldato
Message from the developers:

DiZOs97U0AEKzMK.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NinSwitchNews/status/1019588928695762944

I am going to buy this next week.

Soldato
This game has consumed my spare time! It's such a lovely mix of new and old skool. I have some minor niggles - some areas don't look as gorgeous as others and merely look excellent, and some of the dialogue is a little twee - but otherwise it's exceeded expectations. The combat's fun, challenging at times, and character development is interesting. The voice acting is also great and the stories are spot on. I quite like that it's a little grounded with no overarching, save the world epic story (so far anyways). And the best thing - it looks to be a massive success and the engine is ready for more of the same!

It's been said time and time again - but a FF6 remake using this engine and done right would be the greatest jrpg news ever!

Associate
I'm also really liking the fact the side-quests aren't just all 'go hear and get this'. There's some good variety in the mechanics and the fact you're not being hand-held to just travel the world map picking up stuff. Interesting to know if there are any rewards for completing all the side quests in an area/the game.

/edit
It's been said time and time again - but a FF6 remake using this engine and done right would be the greatest jrpg news ever!

Missed this comment - I was only thinking this last night. You could remake pretty much any of the 'older' FF's in this style as the story-lines generally hold up - hell, you could even remake some of the 'newer' ones in this style and I'd be happy! :D

Caporegime
:p

Not decided on next Character to Chapter 2 yet. Quite enjoying the general exploring and brown pants moments when you waltz on to a screen with a huge Danger number at the moment :o
Decided to change Therion out for Cyrus, he is only lvl 12 but it won't take long to level him up to 20 or so. His knowledge coupled with the mage attacks I think will be very very useful in Alfyns chapter 2 boss. Therion wasn't being much help here!

Associate
Decided to change Therion out for Cyrus, he is only lvl 12 but it won't take long to level him up to 20 or so. His knowledge coupled with the mage attacks I think will be very very useful in Alfyns chapter 2 boss. Therion wasn't being much help here!

I'm struggling to see how he's not just an outright necessity for some of the fights early on. The ability to multibreak with the aoe elemental spells as well as discovering weaknesses is godly tbh. I'm sure you can bin him off late game with the Scholar job as a secondary but still...

Caporegime
I've managed without him so far, that's all :)
I think I focus too much time on Therion, already glad Cyrus is back. Using Olberic as a tank, Cyrus is just riding along and collecting XP along with breaking defenses.

Sorry, was is AOE? :o

Back
Top Bottom