Who else is in the 400 club ?

Associate
Meaningless I know but would be interested to see who else have cars with 400bhp +

I've recently finished the latest round of mods on the Scoob which should see it well into the 400's in bhp / torque but unfortunately the mapping session was cut short when the clutch started slipping badly. Have an Exedy Hyper Twin Plate going on in a couple of weeks then will finish off the map and get it on the Dyno' and see what it can do ;)

So come on - details and specs please ! :cool:

Man of Honour
Things don't half move quickly. It wasn't so long ago that belonging to the 200bhp+ club was prestigious.

Nah, I'll not be in the 400bhp club for a good few years, knowing my luck it'll be when diesel Mondeos are pushing out that power :p

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Not Dyno proven, and everyone that's never driven one will just in on this thread and say mines not a valid entry.

Cerbera 4.5 420bhp (Manufacturers figure)

Ta

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;10914007 said:
Dyno proven?

Not yet as per the rest of my post :rolleyes: but seeing as it dyno'd at 340 last time and since then I've added the below I'll be pretty amazed and more than a bit P'd off if it doesn't tbh.

The MD321T is the current fav turbo of choice for Scoobs 2.3/2.5 built engines and regularly achieves 420 bhp plus on V-Power..

MD321T Turbo at 1.5 bar
APEXI AVCR Boost Controller
PE 650 Injectors
SX Fuel Pressure Reg
Perrin Ceramic coated Equal Length Headers
APS Turbo Up Pipe
Samco Turbo Inlet Hose
APS Top Mount Intercooler

Fear not though as soon as the clutch is in and mapping finished I'll be straight down to see Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Is having that much power available actually any fun on public roads at legal speeds?
Going OT a bit here as I have no chance of getting a 400bhp car, but...

I ask as I'm looking at what to get after the Mx-5 and was looking at cars around the 200bhp mark (Leon Cupra / Focus ST etc). But after driving a 240bhp (or around that) Saab 9-5 Hot I think the more power I have the less fun it will be.
I was overtaking at 90mph on country roads and it didn't feel fast at all, while in the mx-5 you can have a great time at 50 / 60mph.

So in a 400bhp car do you have to go on a track to actually enjoy it?

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Is having that much power available actually any fun on public roads at legal speeds?
Going OT a bit here as I have no chance of getting a 400bhp car, but...

I ask as I'm looking at what to get after the Mx-5 and was looking at cars around the 200bhp mark (Leon Cupra / Focus ST etc). But after driving a 240bhp (or around that) Saab 9-5 Hot I think the more power I have the less fun it will be.
I was overtaking at 90mph on country roads and it didn't feel fast at all, while in the mx-5 you can have a great time at 50 / 60mph.

So in a 400bhp car do you have to go on a track to actually enjoy it?

The Cerb is great fun, the combination of the noise, the torque and well the road being swallowed up very quickly.

You can have fun in it at legal speeds just with acceleration alone, however it leaves you wanting more!

Back
Top Bottom