Who has AMD Cool n Quiet activated?

Caporegime
Quixote said:
Pretty sure you have to set windows power managment to 'minimal' in the control panel for Cool n' Quiet to be enabled.
Aside from if you're an overclocker or cruncher, I can't see any reason not to use it - save on your electricity bill & do the environment some good (or at least less bad).

Its an option in the bios.

Soldato
Freezer 64 Pro owner here, with an A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz...
never have used Cool n Quiet... i've just turned it on, and really can't see/hear (etc) any difference...

off it goes ;)

my Freezer is dead quiet, the only annoyingly loud thing in there as far as i can tell is the Hiper PSU and/or the northbridge fan on bootup on my LanParty SLi-D

Soldato
Raikiri said:
^ Get a seasonic and passive northbridge ;)
Seasonic is on my wanted list...
see here ;)

passive northbridge is something i've thought about... but on the SLi-D mobo the northbridge fan is RIGHT under the top PCIe slot so the graphics card overhangs it... theres litterally a few mm gap between the card and the fan

if you know of either a) a low running northbridge fan that is cool n quiet (to steal the term) or b) a passive heatsink that isn't the size of Japan... then please point me in their direction ;)

Soldato
or you can put the graphics card in the PCI-E slot further away - does nothing to your FPS and allows you to fit the northbridge without bending.

fini

Back
Top Bottom