Who is the best English defender in the Premier League?

Soldato
As much as I hate the guy I think Ashley Cole is a very solid full back, one of the few players that is able to even come close to handling Ronaldo.

And don't get me started on the Spurs pair. Yes they are fantastic on their day, but so are a lot of players, but they are so injury prone it just makes all their good performances pointless as they then leave the rest of the team weakened in key positions. Obviously that's not their fault, but it makes them a liability.

Soldato
Rio Ferdinand

He WAS prone to mistakes up to about 06, since then he has been one of the top three centre backs in the world.

BTW, with respect to King, potential does not equal results, please take off the blinkers.

Permabanned
Caporegime
Wheater, no one else comes close to the redcar rock

'He'd head a fridge'. Classic line from the Boro Commentary.

1. Ferdinand
2. -
3. Terry
4. Wheater

Can't understand all the King love, he's clumsy, injury prone, not dominant in the air. I wouldn't say he was as good as Wes Brown.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
King is as good as carrick in the dm role and really great at the back makes him my best defender
Hope he is fit for the season good news for spurs fans and england

Permabanned
King is as good as carrick in the dm role and really great at the back makes him my best defender
Hope he is fit for the season good news for spurs fans and england

Ger off, played twice for england in the holding role, and he had one good game, the 2nd game he completly and totally outclassed.

Your last sentence says it all, you hope he will be fit...

Back
Top Bottom