Who is the best English defender in the Premier League?

Soldato
Aside from the fact most aren't English, you rate Carragher better than Skrtel and Agger and you rate all of those named higher than Vidic?

was thinkin the same thing myself, Woodgate is also better than Carragher as is Wheater.

As for the idiot saying King will be back in the england fold next season, are you being serious ?

Soldato
Haha Ledley King? He's a great defender but even at his best can't compare to Ferdinand. I do think Woodgate at his best could compete for the other England place against Terry though. He's just too injury prone.

1.Rio
2. Terry/Woodgate

Permabanned
Best ENGLISH defender? Heh, too easy. Ferdinand. He's probably the best defender in the Premiership full stop, although I think Carvalho is up there with him.

Those saying John Terry, heh. Not even close.

I'd say Woodgate is probably the second best English defender in the Prem, and I also think King is quality when he's fully fit.

Soldato
In all seriousness, its Ferdinand without a doubt and I'd say that even if I supported someone else. Terry is probably still worthy of his England place but there's not much in it between him and one or two others. I'd say he suits Ferdinand more than most others though.

Caporegime
In all seriousness, its Ferdinand without a doubt and I'd say that even if I supported someone else. Terry is probably still worthy of his England place but there's not much in it between him and one or two others. I'd say he suits Ferdinand more than most others though.

Spot on.

Soldato
Didnt Spuds concede a hideous amount of goals last season?

Until you sort your defence out, stop talking nonsense. Ledley King the best English defender in the league?

Ok, and Hull are going to win the league this year, too.

Back
Top Bottom