Who makes the best Baked Beans :)

Associate
Interesting. Have you found the same as me (my thread bump back in post #120)? Too much sauce now and much firmer textured beans.

I think they are probably firmer yes but also the taste is just different now. Used to love them but really don't care for them now. First world problems eh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think they are probably firmer yes but also the taste is just different now. Used to love them but really don't care for them now. First world problems eh.
just get the cheapest beans you can find and pan cook them. the cheaper ones tend to take 1 minute longer. tesco do 29p baked beans. vs heinz at 1.45 a tin. sainsbury beans are good too. the stamford st ones are 27p a tin. sainsbury home brand are 40p a tin.

Caporegime
People who like paprika choose branstons
people who don't are going to say Heinz.

I know supermarket beans are almost as good, but I tend to stick with heinz for baked potatoes etc.
It's already a cheap enough and filling anyway, might as well go for maximum flavour and enjoyment

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, maybe. Don't know when they changed.
I knew all my stock had them but they are all 200g cans, so I checked the 400g cans when I popped to ASDA earlier. All rings :)
I even copped a feel under the cardboard of the 4x400g multi :D

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Tescos do me fine. A little more watery which means you cook them on the hob a little longer and the sauce gets nice n thick and the beans nice n soft.

Associate
I used to like Heinz and only eat that but for some years the formulation changed....not sure if it is the reduce in sugar or trying to be heathy. Now I like Branston, I wish companies stop making food healthier just because people can't control their portion :p

Soldato
sainsbury home brand are 40p a tin.
22p for half tin? I get those. Reduced sugar as regular has way too much of that it'll fur your teeth in no time
Perhaps it's my herculean strength, but the ring pulls on the branston tins always seem to snap for me :(
The only trouble with ringpulls is put the can firmly onto a tabletop and pull from that do it freestyle in your hands the sauce goes everywhere

Back
Top Bottom