**WHO WANTS A DELL U2711 for £329.99 Inc. VAT??? (YES THERE'S A CATCH)!!**

Caporegime
I feel violated

The extra cost of a better stand, lack of inputs, warranty makes me think this isn't a great deal. Besides, it's uglier IMO and support seems poor

Associate
I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and it arrived at 11am this morning.

It works perfectly, and looks absolutely stunning.

I could not be more happy with it.

My GTX 460 runs it fine for everyday use, but I love my WoW and GW2 too much to play at just 40 FPS, so I'll likely order a 670 to move things onto the next level.

I'm seriously considering ordering a second.

Associate
I'm really pleased for you (and HAZRO). If mine had continued to work I would have stuck with it too, but I didn't have the time or patience to risk it again, so stumped up the extra for a U2713HM instead. They may use the same panel but it sure doesn't look like it ;)

Man of Honour
The U2711 shares the same LM270WQ2 panel as the Hazro, but the U2713HM is a new version of the LM270WQ1 panel so is different (W-LED backlit, standard gamut, light AG coating)

Associate
Yep, your review tipped me towards the U2713HM and I'm very impressed with the clarity, even at a distance it's sharp and the text is perfectly legible. There is none of the heat generated by CCFL backlights and the stand is very well weighted and easy to adjust. It's a pleasure to behold, with the new lighter AG coating a big improvement.

I have the same backlight bleed issue as a couple of other early adopters though in this thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22713877&postcount=91

It's not something you mentioned in your review and others have posted in the above thread without it so in your experience is this something DELL would not quibble about replacing?
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22713877&postcount=91

Man of Honour
THe unit we tested, which was just a random sample from a retail stock I might add, didn't have any bad backlight leakage. There's pics in the review showing what ours was like. If you've got severe leakage I expect dell would swap it out without too much fuss

TJM

TJM

Associate
Mine arrived this afternoon. It's as sunny as hell here even with the blinds drawn, so I can't comment on backlight leakage, but the monitor is working and looks good (I'm not an expert on monitors and wouldn't know where to start with assessing it in any depth).

The only odd thing is that the Windows loading screen turns red just before it makes the transition to the login screen. You'd miss it if you looked away for a second, but who knows where else a similar thing might crop up? I'm going to wait a few weeks before selling my 24" Hazro to be on the safe side.

Associate
Well, a week has passed since I got my Hazro, and its still going strong. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones! Aside from it being a little dim when you first power it on, this soon goes once it warms up.

Its been a bit of a pain getting the colour/contrast settings all correct. Are there any ATI users who can share their CCC settings, to see if I am missing something?

Permabanned
There was a total of 4 people with the same problem (3 on arrival and 1 within 30 mins) So just be vigilant, Im glad its working for you, but wouldn't want it to pack in the same way randomly after you cant send it back or warranty expires.

OCUK provided top service though so cant fault them at all, apart from the mistake of the wrong description, and the pictures which show a glossy monitor (although the pictures havent changed....) OCUK got it sorted out as quick as possible and went above and beyond their duty, still waiting for the money to go in my bank before I can buy another monitor but it has gone through.

I can safely say I will always have faith buying from OCUK :) Any other store and I would still be waiting in frustration trying to sort it out.

Associate
the one unit we've had back from OCUK did indeed have a fault with something clearly loose and rattling inside the case. We assume it's taken a knock. Having spoken to OCUK, they say no more faults have been reported (however, the nature of forums is such that we'll never hear about the good units).

Soldato
Iv'e had four Hazro's in the past, two 30" screens and two 27" screens and I must admit I've had no issues at all.

IMG_20100826_112225.jpgg

Loved the silver.

IMG_20110514_135204.jpg

Upgrade to 30" , ended up buying another :)

IMG_20110429_132219.jpg

IMG_20111211_204643.jpg

Default stand was poor, but added an ergotron arm and all was good. Personally I prefer the industrial designs, aluminum casing and all but the newer 27" screen was gorgeous too.

Last edited:
Associate
There was a total of 4 people with the same problem (3 on arrival and 1 within 30 mins) .

We've liaised with OCUK on this and found to date, only 1 RMA. Whilst there may be a perfectly good explanation for suggesting 3 were DOA, we have to remain cynical and can't rule out forum infiltration by rival OEMs who have imported grievances/disagreements we've had in the Far East. Its happened and their negative/fake publicity as cost us dearly. A lot goes on behind closed doors!!

Associate
I've just received a **B Grade** HZ27WB and unfortunately it is DOA - only sign of life is a blue light. I've just sent a webnote so hopefully things will get sorted out ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom