Poll: Who will you be voting for on May 5th?

Which political party will you vote for?

• Liberal Democrats

Votes: 187 20.5%
  • Conservative

Votes: 311 34.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 161 17.6%
  • Regional Party (Plaid Cymru, SNP, etc.)

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Issues Party (BNP, Greens, UKIP)

Votes: 45 4.9%
  • Independent candidate

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • Abstaining from voting

Votes: 107 11.7%
  • Not eligible for voting

Votes: 74 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm unlikely to be voting this time. I will be out of the country on polling day, and therefore applied for a postal vote. I was assured that the polling slip would be with me before I leave, but with only one day to go, it's still not arrived. If I miss this one, it'll be the first election I'll have missed since I first became eligible at age 21. The first general election I voted in was the one in which Harold Wilson's first government was elected.

A bit sad that this run of voting is likely to be coming to an end. Fortunately, though, I don't live in a marginal constituency.

I can't vote in this poll either, since none of the options apply to me.

Later edit. The polling slip arrived on the last possible day before I leave home, and so I've been able to vote after all. I've also now voted in this poll.

Last edited:
Suspended
csmager said:
You do realise that you'll be paying even more after another labour term, don't you?

You do realise that the tories are going to reverse the 1% rise on National Insurance, don't you?

Quite happy to pay a little more in tax to fund quality public services.

As for the Tories reversing the 1% rise in Nat Ins. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Soldato
treebeard said:
As for the Tories reversing the 1% rise in Nat Ins. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
Neither would I after hearing Howard answer 'No' when asked if he would do it. Wonder where I got the idea from in the first place?

Suspended
gobbo said:
After reading about 10 different party menifestos i've decided my vote will be going towards the Lib Dems.

Personally, id rather vote for a party where the leader is fully aware of their manifesto, tired or not :p

Here is my opinion, critizie it if you like :p

There is no point pulling labour out, there slowly progressing and no matter how much bad light conservatives shed concerning the policing of the streets not improving, im afraid it is. There is a noticeable difference in police officers and community support officers in my area...

The only criticism I have over Labour is Iraq. Fair enough, Blair could well of been reeled in on Bush's rod, but for Blair to recently state that the war was a “damp squib” is not very comforting for the families who's sons and daughters have died for this “damp squib”

Oh and if Mr Howard is reading this thread, even though you are from my home town, the only way i'd vote for you is if i were a millionaire (or you bought me an fx-55)

:p

Soldato
Two main things I have against labour is the tuition fees increase (im a student you see!) and the war in Iraq.

One thing I will say is this years Conservative cmapaign seems to based on a personal attack on Mr Blair, rather than attacking his policies.

Permabanned
doughnut said:
CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!!! woooo im gettin my mum to place a bet on them , they gonna win , i really like their ad campaign and totaly agree with their immigration policie

I hope your mom has more intelligence than you and tells you where to go...some bookies have already started topay out on a Labour win - they're something like 25-1 ON to win.....

Associate
There is nothing that could happen in the next week that could possible give the Lib Dems the slightest chance of winning this election. But don't let this stop you from voting for them. Because it is possible for them to win a few seats.

Gold

Permabanned
I'll be voting Conservative again. :)

Capitalist scum, me. :D

The sad thing is, that if Labour do win, there will have been a shedload more votes against them than for them.

I'm amazed at how many students support the Lib Dems. Maybe that will change when they get out into the real world :) (Maybe I'm just misinformed but a lot of the students I know seem to support them)

Last edited:
Soldato
Another Conservative voter here.

Another Labour term is a depressing thought, although that's how I think it will end up. What worries me more is if Gordon Brown finally manages to takeover Tony's job - then we will really be in for it :(

I also can't stand John (two Jags) Prescott, I think he is a vile and horrible man.

I can see some people's issues with Michael Howard, as he doesn't really come across as a really likeable character (much in the same way as Mr Major), but it is the Party you are voting for in the end. Leaders can be replaced. Personally I always liked how Michael Portillo came across.

Associate
player said:
The results are interesting, maybe they show an indication of the class level here within overclockers?

i doubt that sorry lol

why with politics it always comes down to class :/ well espcially with conservative

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
player said:
The results are interesting, maybe they show an indication of the class level here within overclockers?

That's an entirely seperate debate in itself surely?

Associate
icehot said:
i doubt that sorry lol

why with politics it always comes down to class :/ well espcially with conservative
Well what I should have said is, I can't believe the tories have almost twice as many votes as labour in the poll. That certainly won't be the case come May the 5th.

Associate
player said:
Well what I should have said is, I can't believe the tories have almost twice as many votes as labour in the poll. That certainly won't be the case come May the 5th.

Thats a good point. There must be some reason for the massive difference between the OcUK poll and the other polls which show a Labour majority vote. Is it a 'class' thing, or are there no Brummies in the forum?

The OcUK poll is the best one! :p

Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom