• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Who's Cancelled Their 2080** Pre Orders

Have you cancelled your 2080 order?

• I cancelled

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Still want it

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • I didn't order in the first place

Votes: 197 79.8%
  • Performance not good enough

Votes: 14 5.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Launch prices:
980 vs 780ti: performance gone up, lower launch price
1070 vs 980ti: performance gone up, lower launch price
2080 vs 1080ti: performance barely gone up, less vram, £200 higher in launch price

Seem legit...:D

Shhhh... Don't be fetching your facts and logic into the graphics card sub forum, people will get upset. ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Also don't forget.... the more you buy the more you save.

Nvidia economics.

Haha. Well if it works..

They thought if apple can do it, why not give it a go. My hope is their sales are much lower this time and by the time 7nm comes out they have a tad more competition from Amd. Not holding my breath however.

Associate
Currently have two main rigs

1080SLI
1080TI

I spend more time using my LAB machine with 980SLI.

I have the money for a 1 2080TI card but considering most gaming is done on my 1080TI and I play at 1440p what is even the point in upgrading. Bit annoyed at having to wait longer for a worthy upgrade. But I think I will be skipping this gen.

Associate
Working fine for me, only game ive played recently where it doesnt work has been bfv but thats not unusual for a beta.
Really old thread but wondering if your still running sli 980ti, tempted to grab a cheap one to see me through a bit longer before upgrading properly next year. Would you recommend it still? or is it as doom n gloom as they all say....just gone 1440p and would like to up the frame rate in battlefield,and borderlands 3 for now. thanks

Soldato
Really old thread but wondering if your still running sli 980ti, tempted to grab a cheap one to see me through a bit longer before upgrading properly next year. Would you recommend it still? or is it as doom n gloom as they all say....just gone 1440p and would like to up the frame rate in battlefield,and borderlands 3 for now. thanks

one of my 980tis died a death unfortunately and i haven't replaced it.

had a baby so hasn't been top of my priorities :)

up untill that day it was working fantastically.

Caporegime
I had two 1070's in SLI before I got my 1080ti, frankly - on the titles that supported SLI - the 1070's were better.

If whatever you primarily play supports it then I'd still consider it, the drawback being future support is questionable at best, if you can bag another cheaply enough then why not?

Associate
I had two 1070's in SLI before I got my 1080ti, frankly - on the titles that supported SLI - the 1070's were better.

If whatever you primarily play supports it then I'd still consider it, the drawback being future support is questionable at best, if you can bag another cheaply enough then why not?
Was thinking this, not getting near the 165hz monitor rate, so worth a shot just wondered if it was a stupid idea. i ran cross fire loads in the past with the odd issue but basically i enjoyed the experience wart n all. Thanks ill keep an eye out for a cheap 980ti

Soldato
As per the title, who's cancelled?

Waited for reviews and glad I did as many pre orders have been reported shipped out this morning before reviews launched.:eek:

Disappointingly, performance just isn't there for me personally, so didn't buy, if they were price for price on Pascal I probably would have coughed up as not much in it, but 2080 what I was aiming at is sometimes slower than Pascal@1440p means I'll either sit on what I have until the prices drop or perhaps get a 1080Ti they reduce more.

Surely a blind pre order is for people willing to take a GAMBLE that it's a good product before reviews. So you can use it on release day.

If your hard earned cash is important to you (and rightly so), then why would you pre order anything in the first place?

If you pre book a hotel and leave a deposit, you loose your deposit if you cancel for messing them about. In a similar way, Nvidia should have been within their right to keep an admin fee for cancelled pre orders as well in my opinion for messing them about.

Pre booking is a gamble. Either pre order and take the risk. Or be sensible, wait for a review and spend your hard earned cash wisely.

That's my opinion.

Soldato
Surely a blind pre order is for people willing to take a GAMBLE that it's a good product before reviews. So you can use it on release day.

If your hard earned cash is important to you (and rightly so), then why would you pre order anything in the first place?

If you pre book a hotel and leave a deposit, you loose your deposit if you cancel for messing them about. In a similar way, Nvidia should have been within their right to keep an admin fee for cancelled pre orders as well in my opinion for messing them about.

Pre booking is a gamble. Either pre order and take the risk. Or be sensible, wait for a review and spend your hard earned cash wisely.

That's my opinion.

Nice reply to a dead thread that didnt need one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom