Who's joining the queue for iPad 2 on Friday then?

Associate
I queued last year for the iPad 1 and to be honest felt like a complete idiot while doing so! Would never do that again ... my iPad 1 serves my needs right now but if I wanted an iPad 2 I would either wait a couple of weeks and wander into a store or just order online ...

Good luck to those queueing tomorrow - hope you get the model/colour you want!

Soldato
I'll be waiting for you all at the tills. If you decide to pick one up from a particular highstreet reseller in bristol anyway. Apparently we don't get queues until Apple run out of stock so might be worth considering for those of you picking one up on friday.

Soldato
I don't want to queue up, the nearest Apple Store is in Milton Keynes about 30 miles away, and I don't want to take the risk that local shops, you know the ones, don't have them in stock as I live in a small(ish) town.

I shall be sitting up past my bedtime to order online tonight. Fortunately no work for me tomorrow (nothing to do with it being iPad 2 day :p)

Soldato
Purple shirt place will have stock but how much is unclear. They're meant to be releasing a statement about iPad 2 stock this afternoon.

Man of Honour
Purple shirt place will have stock but how much is unclear. They're meant to be releasing a statement about iPad 2 stock this afternoon.

7,000 nationwide if what I heard is to be believed.

So in other words, sod all :p

I would queue for one if they were cheaper !

I'd be at the front of the Bugatti Veyron order queue if they were cheaper too, but there we go...

Caporegime
This I don't understand. Do these people not have jobs to go to in the morning?!

presumably they booked 2 days holiday. Bet explaining that to HR was fun. :D

"yeah hello , HR ? yeah i need to book some holiday"

"yeah sure what do you need it for"

"i'm going to go camp outside the apple store for 36 hours"

"riiiiigghhhhttt......"

Soldato
They went onsale here at 3am local time. As soon as they appeared in the apple store they said 2-3 week delivery time. Appears online orders wont be fulfilled straight away as all the stock has gone to the shops (what little they had).

I'm assuming the UK will be the same if people are hoping to get one fast by ordering from online when they become available. It was 3am here as all our stock comes from Oz as there are no official apple stores in NZ!! Just resellers :(

Soldato
I'll be on the other end of it. I can't speak for anyone else, and I can't, or rather choose not to tell you where I actually work, but we haven't got enough. Nowhere near.

But then you were never supposed to have enough in the first place anyway :p Would somewhat spoil the 'demand' and exclusivity that goes with something being 'sold out' which in turn creates more publicity!

Are you going to be doing silly dances etc to welcome people in/out of the store :p

Back
Top Bottom