• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

why always 60fps?

Associate
I'm playing doom eternal and steam tells me i'm getting 60 fps, it never goes a single frame higher.

I know my rig isn't the newest but to be stuck on 60 all the time seems odd.

i5 2500k
R9 380x
8gb ram.

Soldato
I never knew that, I'll take it off later.

The Radeon software is recommending an update to rx5700 and a ryzen 9.
VSync will cap your FPS to whatever your monitor is capable of and sync your monitor refresh with the FPS produced. Usually that is 60FPS.

Associate
If when v-sync is on it's limiting your FPS to 60fps that means your monitor likely has a maximum refresh rate of 60hz. This is a good thing as it means your system can maintain the highest number of FPS your monitor can display.

Turn it off by all means but just be aware while your FPS will increase you're likely to encounter tearing (roving horizontal lines across the scene) which irritates the hell out of many (most?) folk, myself included.

Associate
OP
how long have you had your monitor :eek:
Years, lol. I hardly ever play games, maybe one a year when something good comes out. I'm 50 btw.

You're certainly not the first person to get a nice 144Hz monitor and be running it at 60Hz :D
I wondered over the years why I never got over 60. Everything played well and looked good so I just got on with it.

On a side note I do still get the occasional bit of tearing with some games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom