Why are Arctic Freezer III AIO's cheap?

Can you not refill it
I know it is not meant to but surely taking out the cooler and refilling or even topping up is not impossible?

It's quite doable. A couple of years ago they had that issue with the Freezer II AIO gasket degradation. They sent out a service kit to fix it which involved opening it up, and you could replace some of the potentially lost coolant at that point.

It's quite doable. A couple of years ago they had that issue with the Freezer II AIO gasket degradation. They sent out a service kit to fix it which involved opening it up, and you could replace some of the potentially lost coolant at that point.
I did post a link earlier for the service kit.

I put an Arctic Freezer III 240 AIO with the offset on to a 7900X3D and it knocked 7c off the idle temp and about 4c off max temp.

The old ML 240 AIO without the offset bracket was clearly not great for the dual CCD chip.

I also wondered why the Arctic Freezer III was so cheap at £67 compared to some of the other brands. But the good reviews convinced me it wasn’t a case of sub standard crap. Well happy with it to be honest.

LKz2k7m.jpg

£46 shipped as I type this.

In my head though £46 for a 360mm seems too cheap? Like when they take their profit, it doesn’t leave a lot actually spent on quality parts?

I remember Thermalright from the Half Life 2 era, had a couple of air coolers and maybe a gpu cooler with the little ram heatsinks, and they were never ridiculously cheap :confused:

Makes you wonder if a different company has bought the rights to use the name.

In my head though £46 for a 360mm seems too cheap? Like when they take their profit, it doesn’t leave a lot actually spent on quality parts?

I remember Thermalright from the Half Life 2 era, had a couple of air coolers and maybe a gpu cooler with the little ram heatsinks, and they were never ridiculously cheap :confused:

Makes you wonder if a different company has bought the rights to use the name.

They don’t make any profit. Well, a pittance.

The reason is they are basically a huge company who make products for loads of other companies. So their AIOs for example are more of a demo product for them than a money making exercise.

I can tell you first hand how good they are, as I’ve had a black one for over a year in my “away” AMD rig.

Brilliant. Superb.

Not only does it work extremely well but it also has features you don’t even get on one costing double the price. As an example how many AIOs have you seen where the logo ends up on the **** because it’s locked in place? (On the pump head)? Well on my at the time £44 360 AIO not only was it RGB but the cover comes off on magnets and can be mounted the correct way up no matter what way you install the cold plate.

I’m bought their EK Vardar “like”* fans for it for £9 a pop. Turns out they are basically the same, from the same manufacturer.

Also note how their contact frames cost 4x less the der8aurer ones yet did exactly the same thing.

And how their air coolers are all class leading for the price.

The only fault (and I use the term loosely) is you can't switch from the all in one cable to the split connector without unmounting the cooler from the CPU as far as I can tell anyway?

I have 3 PC's at home and all use an Artic AIO, My son's PC has a Freezer II 280 on his 7800X3D. My daughter has my old Freezer II 360 and I have a Freezer III 360 on my 7900x and have to say I would not get any other brand now. Personally I think they are the best AIO's on the market for the money.

Last edited:
I think the performance of II series was so strong they had to get the price down to get them into the market and reach a tipping point. Old IIs are staying strong, and in many cases III didn't seem to outperform which wasn't good for press/market buy in.

It's a bit off topic I suppose but how reliable are these Arctic AIOs? Are they prone to leaking? I've always gone for a decent air cooler instead of AIOs because I've always thought they're capable of leaking

It's a bit off topic I suppose but how reliable are these Arctic AIOs? Are they prone to leaking? I've always gone for a decent air cooler instead of AIOs because I've always thought they're capable of leaking

They’re not prone to leaks.

They are however prone to the small VRM fan dying or making a racket.

Back
Top Bottom