Why are babies and baby animals cute?

Soldato
I was just randomly surfing and came across this site: http://www.babyanimalz.com/

lots of cute furry things there. got me thinking. is there some evolutionary advantage of babies and baby animals appearing cute? or is it just homo sapiens that have the idea of the subjects being "cute." Maybe its to stop us harming defensless beings?

any thoughts?

Soldato
OP
Zip said:
My thoughts on this are.......

Humans got the uglyest of all the baby things :(

cmon, i dont know if u have had kids or not. if/when u do i bet u will thing your baby is the cutest thing on the planet :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Mana said:
cmon, i dont know if u have had kids or not. if/when u do i bet u will thing your baby is the cutest thing on the planet :)

I dont have kids and when i do have them and if i do think like that i will know im kidding myself :p

Soldato
It's all to do with the sizes of their heads and eyes in proportion to the rest of their body ;) As humans we find these characteristics very warming :D It's true you know.

Soldato
OP
Old No.7 said:
It's all to do with the sizes of their heads and eyes in proportion to the rest of their body ;) As humans we find these characteristics very warming :D It's true you know.

i guess the baby seals killers are aliens!! only way to explain it! :eek:

Soldato
Mana said:
I was just randomly surfing and came across this site: http://www.babyanimalz.com/

lots of cute furry things there. got me thinking. is there some evolutionary advantage of babies and baby animals appearing cute? or is it just homo sapiens that have the idea of the subjects being "cute." Maybe its to stop us harming defensless beings?

any thoughts?

Because they're perfect and new.

Associate
Zip said:
My thoughts on this are.......

Humans got the uglyest of all the baby things :(

I agree, can't stand the little things.

I don't mind em so much when they reach 18, if they're female :o

EDIT - this fella however

china_panda_bej802_7976169.jpg

Is too cute to be true :D

Associate
From what I remember reading its some built in evolutionary mechanism.

Basically anything small with a large head and big eyes can trigger this parenting reaction and cause us to protect and care for it.

Back
Top Bottom